Chapter 20

"A WHATTTTT?"

"A WHATTTTT?"

And here it goes. Just the reaction Ace wanted. He chuckled to himself while shaking his head right and left. Leave it to Riley to make everything dramatic.

"A hybrid, Riley. But wait wasn't King Malphas Xander a dra—" Ace dragged out but soon got interrupted.

"Yes, a Dragon. Which ultimately makes Riley, a pure and last blood of the Dragon dynasty." Victor answered Ace's and probably Riley's queries.

"Last? Are they no more?" Riley meekly voiced out.

"Not that I know of. As everybody knows, except you, of course. Only royals could be dragons, nobody else. They are chosen by the God above. And looks like the God chose you, Riley." Victor pointed at Riley while looking deep into her eyes.

"This is bullshit. I ain't no hybrid and certainly no dragon. I might be some sick freak on loose but I certainly ain't.....THAT!" Riley roared while pacing back and forth.

It was like her mind wasn't ready to accept it and her feet had a mind of their own, they weren't also ready to accept the fact as they were taking her far from the reality.

No. No. NO!

"It's true." An eerie voice whispered in her ear. It was so close that she could feel their breath on her neck.

Goosebumps broke out on her arms and the hair on her neck, alerted with a creepy sensation on hand.

She forced her neck towards the place where that whisper came from. And there it was.

A see through figure standing there. A man.

He was dressed in shabby clothes which had crimson hue on it. Blood.

He appeared as a prisoner in the old times and Riley didn't need a proof as the blood splattered across his clothes just said it all.

He had long blonde greasy hair, matted down with dirt and blood. His face was long and thin. His eyes were blue and they were wild.

Riley was pretty sure that he was definitely an eye candy when he wasn't......this. He appeared to be a young man, around his late 20's.

The said guy took a step closer and then Riley realised that he had chains attached to his ankles and hands were handcuffed.

She looked at him with horrified eyes as he took another step closer and just stopped in front of her.

"Oh pardon me, Your Highness. No need to be afraid of me, I'm not here to harm you." He said while looking down.

"Who are you?" Riley asked after a long minute of silence. This guy doesn't seem that he could hurt a fly but he still had blood on him which Riley wasn't sure was whether his or someone else's. So she wasn't going to let her guard down.

"How rude of me. Allow me to introduce myself, Your Highness. My names is Reinald. Reinald Lockhart." He said, bowing in an extravagant manner.

"And what do you want from me, Reinald?" Riley asked with narrowed eyes.

Oh she would definitely hurt him if he tries anything funny.

"You see, Your Highness. I've come here to show you that you indeed are a hybrid and a royal one." He smirked.

Riley looked towards Ace and Victor to only find that she's completely alone and there's nobody around.

"Don't worry about them, My Lady. They both are safe and sound. We are in a different realm right now. I took you to the Limbo. A place of memories and the past." Reinald hummed while toying with his handcuffs.

"Oh hohoho! If you think I'm going anywhere with you then you're sorely mistaken, buddy." Riley snarled while attacking him.

Riley jumped on Reinald and tried to punch him but he dodged it at the right time by ducking his head to the side.

"Woah woah WOAH! Your Highness, please calm down. I'm not here to to hurt you. I swear on my non existent life!" Reinald screamed, still trying to dodge her attacks.

"You think you're funny? I'll show you what's funny. Just wait until I kick you in your family jewels." Riley spat while trying to bite his hand that was wrapped around her wrist.

"My what! What does that even imply, My La— Aaahhhh! Ouch! Ouch! Not there, please. I beg you." Reinald yelled in pain when Riley bit his hand and tried to kick him in the groin.

"Wow. Now that's an interesting sight you don't see everyday." A deep, amused voice chuckled from the dark.

They both stopped and looked into the dark to figure out who's there.

CLAP! CLAP! CLAP!

Riley jumped from the loud claps which were echoing around but still didn't waver her hold on Reinald. Not even in the slightest.

"As you said master I lured her in but she's very, very difficult." Reinald said while still trying to loosen the hold that Riley has on his hair now.

"Well, that's expected from a Dragon heir. She's got quite a temper. Just like her father." The voice laughed.

"You're gonna show yourself or shall I completely rip his hair out along with head. The choice is yours, mate." Riley threatened, her hold on him tightening.

A long sigh was heard and then the sound of footsteps could be heard as they got closer and closer.

As he got closer Riley could finally make out a silhouette of a man emerging from the dark.

"My my. Aren't you a feisty little thing? A spitfire, I see. But would you please let go of my servant here?' The unknown man smirked.

Riley loosened her hold on Reinald and faced him squarely.

"Who are you?" Riley asked him suspiciously.

"Ouch! That's insulting Ma Cheríe. You wounded me by not knowing who I'm." He faked wiping a tear from his eyes.

"I'm asking for the last time. Who. Are. You." Riley seethed through gritted teeth.

"Awwww....you're no fun. Anyways, my name is Matthew and I'm a warlock, my dear. I'm the one who called you here." He said as he finally stepped out of the dark.

Author's Note:
Heyyyy everyone. Another chapter. Yes I know I'm taking forever to update my book but trust me I'm running out of scenarios & nothing is giving me inspiration nowadays. This covid-19 shit has just HIT THE FAN & I can't deal with it anymore. But will have to be patient cuz Allah SWT has planned something better for ALL OF US out there. InShAllah. Vote & comment. Love y'all. Ciao
Lots of love
Falah