Chapter 19

"Uhhh

"Uhhh......Whaaaaatttttt?" Riley drawled out slowly as if she heard something incredulous. Which it kinda was.

"It's time to know who you are, my Queen." Victor repeated once again.

"Okay......so is this guy nuts or what? Why's he addressing me like......that? Dude, are you high? Ace, what the fück is wrong with this dude here?" Riley asked confused while inching towards Ace, who was standing at the door, with his toned arms crossed, muscles flexed.

Ace just rubbed his face and glanced at a lost Riley. Victor said the same thing while he was in the dungeon and by looking at him, it didn't seem that he was lying.

"Alright now. Calm down both of you. Riley, sit down and you. Start explaining yourself." Ace said while patting Riley's shoulder, inching her towards the couch in the middle of the room.

As they all took a seat, Martha came in with a tray filled with tea and breakfast for everyone. She set the tray on the table and glanced up at Riley. She gave out a comforting smile and then left the room, leaving the three figures unmoving.

"Riley have something, please." Ace softly said while handing out a plate to her filled with all the delicacies.

Riley's mouth watered when she saw that ooey gooey French omelette in front of her and her stomach growled at the same time.

Two pair of eyes snapped towards her stomach whilst she blushed. Ace just let out a husky chuckle and Victor gave out a small hint of smile which anybody could've missed if they didn't see the corners of his mouth quirking upwards.

As Riley took the offered plate from Ace's hand, she also happened to glance at Victor.

"Ummm.....would you like some as well, Mister?" Riley asked politely.

It would be an understatement to say that Victor was shocked. He was appalled. How could someone be so kind to him when he's been plotting to kill that certain someone? He just couldn't understand her.

"Ahem...yes, please. Thank you." He cleared his throat awkwardly and took the offered plate with trembling hands. He didn't know how to react no such a kind gesture.

He's never been shown kindness and never expected anyone to be this humble to him. Ever since he was a child, he has been taught to be ruthless, tough and emotionless. Emotions make you weak. That's the motto he lived by until today.

There was only one person though, who showed him kindness, empathy and love.

"Hellooooo! Are you alright, Mister?" Riley snapped her fingers to bring him out of his thoughts.

"Ah, yes. I'm fine." He replied hesitantly.

"So you gonna start or what?" Ace impatiently said.

Riley jabbed her elbow in his ribs and Ace yelped.

"Owww! Son of a bi—" Ace swore but stopped himself as soon as he saw Riley's glare.

"What's your name?" Riley asked.

"Victor Blackburn." Victor replied gruffly.

"Do you know me, Victor? If so, then how?" Riley again asked him, curious.

Victor kept placed his cup aside and looked straight into her unique but fascinating eyes.

"Tell me, Riley. Do you know who your parents are? Or do you know anything about them?" He asked instead.

Riley was taken back by his question. She was caught off guard. She didn't know anything about her parents. Not even their names. Goddammit.

"No." She said quietly.

Victor seemed satisfied with her answer and resumed back to drinking his tea.

"Are you gonna tell her about her parents or you're just gonna sit there like a bastard and drink your tea?" Ace hissed at him.

"Ace!" Riley warned.

"What? He's just sitting there like a king and not answering us. What's the point?" He snapped.

"Yea but you really need to calm—"

"You're not human, Riley. You're much more than that." Victor interrupted the bicker amongst the two.

There was a two minute silence when none of them uttered a word. Riley was lost in her own thoughts while Ace was looking at Riley, worried about what's going on in her mind. Victor was looking at both of them while chewing on a buttered toast. This was some delicious shit right here. He thought to himself.

"Riley, baby. What are you thinking?" Ace asked, grabbing her hand and looking into her mesmerising eyes.

Riley broke out of her thoughts and looked at the captivating emerald eyes in front of her. They were such a beautiful shade of green as they sparkles like gems.

A deliberate cough broke out their trance and Riley pulled her hand away from the grasp. She felt tingles shooting down her limbs.

"Sorry to break your lovey dovey moment but I've got to tell you what you are." Victor sassed.

Ace shot daggers into him with his furious gaze. Victor turned to Riley and focused his cold blue orbs on her.

"Riley, you're father was the King of a magical kingdom called Azera. His name was King Malphas Xander while your mother was a powerful witch, a descendant of an influential lineage of witches, named after a powerful goddess, literally, Athena Snow."

"Did you just say 'King' and a 'witch'?" Ace mumbles out flabbergasted.

"Uh huh, I sure did. And do you know what does that make you, Riley?" Victor smile cynically.

Riley was just there, unmoving. Blown away. Her mind was running miles per minute. She could hear her blood swooshing around in her ears. She looked at Victor.

Victor stood up from the couch and walked towards her. He leaned down to her level and whispered something in her ears which drained away all the blood from her face.

"You're a Queen, Riley. And not just any Queen but the strongest Queen ever. You're a hybrid."

Author's Note:
Ayo people. Here ya go. Another exciting chapter as promised. Now please don't forget to tap the star ⭐️ icon on left, at the bottom. It means 'VOTE' and please don't forget to leave a comment down below.
So what really is Riley? Y'all have any idea? Whatever it is, lemme know. Oh yea Eid is just two Ramadan away. Wish y'all Eid Mubarak in advance. Take care.
Lots of love 💓
Falah