Chapter 18

The wind was whipping past by the trees and clouds started rumbling as if they were preparing for a battle that was to be taken place on the land

Ace tensed and took a protective stance while standing in front of Riley, hiding her view from the enemies ahead.

Eli took a step forward but Ace raised his hand, halting him in place. The pack warriors were ready to strike as soon as their Alpha gives them a signal to do so.

"What do you want?" Eli demanded.

"Oh you know what we want, Beta boy. The girl. She's what we want and we ain't leaving without her." Nick snarled.

"Yea tough luck. That ain't happening. Ever. She's our Luna and I'd rather die than hand her over to you, filthy bastards." Eli muttered darkly.

"Then so be it." Vince glowered and leaped into the air while turning into his dark brown beast.

Eli met him half way in his beast form and tackled him onto the ground. Both snapped their jaws at each other.

Each one trying to overpower each other. This show of domination is cut short when Riley's voice booms over.

"STOP IT!" She screamed.

It wasn't what she said that broke them apart but it was what she did.

Ace looked at her with bulging eyes and so did everyone else. They just couldn't believe what was happening in front of them.

Riley has her hands in the air, her palms facing towards the two sparring beasts, which are now in the air, a red hue evaporating from her as if a flame burning bright.

Her one pupil, silver, was glowing like heated mercury. She looked so ethereal and powerful. And terrifying.

She was breathing hard as if she ran a marathon and still had her palms facing the air as if an invisible restraint was keeping these beasts apart, from going at each other's throat.

Elijah whined and then she realised that she did something unknowingly. Unexpectedly.

Something weird. Something extraordinary. Something abnormal. Something crazy.

She instantly put her hands down and looked around her. People were staring at her with their jaws dropped and eyes bulged out.

Lastly, she looked at Ace to find him staring at her with a tender look. As if he wasn't afraid of her, not thinking as if she's crazy.

"Riley, love, it's alright. Everything's fine now. Calm down. Nobody's gonna hurt you, baby. I won't let them hurt you or take you away from me. I promise." He raised his hands in a surrender motion, to show her that he's harmless, that he won't do anything to hurt her. Ever.

She looked down at her hands as if she murdered a cute puppy with those very hands. She wiped her hands on her jeans and just inserted them in her pockets.

" I fücking knew it." Victor whispered, aghast.

"What?" Vince hissed.

Victor didn't bother replying to him but kept on staring at Riley with an unknown emotions in his eyes.

Riley felt something wet oozing out of her nose, she touched and looked down to find crimson hue painted across her fingers. She stared, horrified and felt darkness enclosing her within. She collapsed onto the ground.

"RILEY!!! SHIT!!!" Ace yelled.

He rushed towards her and cradled her small form in his arms while cupping her cheeks gently.

"Hey, Riles, babe. Wake up. C'mon baby, open your eyes. Don't do this to me, please." Ace whispered hoarsely.

He felt her pulse and sighed out in relief to find her alright. He couldn't bear to imagine something bad happening to this exotic, feisty and adorable creature. He couldn't imagine a life without her. He just couldn't and won't.

She was the very air he breathed. She was his sunshine, his light into this eternal darkness.

He picked her up and laid her into the backseat of a black SUV which rolled by just after Eli gave a call.

Before getting into the car, Ace looked back the three rogues. He threw them all a dark glare which could make a full grown man piss in his pants.

"Take 'em all to the dungeons." Ace growled out.

The pack warriors, without a question, arrested the the trio without any hassle as they didn't try to resist. They were still recovering from the shock.

Around later in the evening, Riley could hear some voices hushing in the corner. She groaned and opened her eyes, hissed when the bright light above stung her eyes.

When her eyes finally adjusted to the bright light, she saw that Martha was standing there with a concerned look on her face.

"Oh dear God. How are you feeling now, my child? Do you feel any pain anywhere? Are you uncomfortable? Where does it hurt, baby?" Martha hushed around her like a caring mother.

Riley wanted to deny and tell her that she's fine but realised that her throat was patched like a sand paper.

Martha understood that she needed water and handed it to her while helping her to sit up straight.

Riley took a few gulps and felt her throat felt better. She still drank it down though, greedily.

"Thank you, Martha." Riley smiled kindly at her.

"Oh hush, nonsense, child. You're like my own daughter since that big lazy boy is basically my son. My, I've never seen him this worried ever since he was a little boy. He really cares about you, Luna. I'm very happy to see him changing for good. I'm proud of my boy." Martha smiled in pure bliss while running her fingers through Riley's hair gently.

"Ummmm...where's he right now, Martha?" Riley asked.

"Oh, current he's dealing with those filthy rogues down in the dungeons. Don't worry, I'll inform him that our Luna is awake." Martha muttered out darkly and left the room while closing the door softly behind her.

Riley felt her eyes getting drowsy so she crashed her head back to her pillow and went into a deep slumber.

The next morning Riley opened her eyes, she was the golden sun was shining brightly and the birds were chirruping as if announcing that a new day has begun.

Riley sat up on her bed and looked at her right to receive a heart attack, seeing Victor kneeling down before her.

"Woah, woah, woah!" Riley screamed at him.

"My Queen, the time has come that you know exactly who you are and who are were your parents." Victor stated.

Author's Note:
Wait what??? Riley's got supernatural powers??? Dayummmm! Things are getting weird and weird. Bet U didn't see that coming too right? Hahaha. And Victor is kneeling before her & called her Queen!!! Who exactly is Riley & who's her mum & dad??? Will find out in the next chapter. Stay tuned. Don't forget to vote & leave a comment please. Thanks y'all
Love 💓
Falah