Chapter 10

Riley felt herself shudder from the nasty stares she received. She slowly started to back away from the disturbing trio.

"I'm warning you guys. Stay the hell away from me or else it won't end well for you." She tried to appear strong but anyone could pick on the fear in her voice.

"Ahhhhh.......she smells mouthwatering, doesn't she, Joe?" Vince inhaled a lungful of air, trying to imprint his mind with the enticing scent.

"Her scent.......is different. It's nothing like I've come across.....she's not normal." Joe remarked as a matter of fact.

"Excuse you, I appear more normal than you all ever could be. And sniffing around is normal? Bullshit." Riley stated, offended.

"Enough! We're wasting time. Let's take her with us. Vince, Joe, grab her." Nick commands.

Vince made a move to grab her arm but Riley punches him hard in the face and bolted out of there like a lightning. She ran into the forest, tripping over the roots of the trees, branches scratching her all over.

"Oomph! Get the girl. Damn....she sure punched hard. Fuck!" Vince cursed in pain.

Riley was battered, tired and injured but most of all she was pissed as hell. Pissed that her day at work was stressful, pissed that Jason thinks that she needs to start going out more and meet new people, pissed that her Hunter is not just merely a wolf but a goddamn werewolf and moreover it had to be the hot naked stranger. Pissed that she's being chased by some psychopathic rapists who were sniffing her few moments ago and called her abnormal.

"Ughhhhh.....WHYYYY? Why did this have to happen to me?" Riley yelled towards the sky as if it will open up and the God will appear out of it to answer her.

Riley was about to throw a fit again when suddenly, someone crawled up behind her. She whirled around to punch the person when her fist was grabbed in the mid air.

"Woah, woah, WOAH! Relax, kitten. It's me." The person chuckled, amused at such a display.

"YOU! It's all because of you. Since the day I've met you, everything is going downhill. And I know you're Hunter, you hairy ass animal." She screeched at him, furious.

"Calm down. What are you doing here in the middle of the night, huh? It's not safe for you to be out here so late. I'm disappointed in you, kitten." Ace said, feigning innocence.

"Shut up, alright? There are some psycho rapists who are after me, all the credit goes to you, by the way. They freakin sniffed me and were talking rubbish." Riley rambled.

"Wait...WHAT? Come again. Psycho rapists? They sniffed you? Who the fuck were those guys, huh? Tell me, now. I'm gonna make them regret the day they were born. How dare they look at what's mine?" Ace growled out in anger.

"Excuse you! I'm not yours, alright? I'm not a fucking object that you can claim or possess. I freaking loathe men like you! They think that the goddamn earth revolves around them." She spat, unable to control her rage.

Ace just stared at her, wide eyed. After a moment of silence passed, the corners of his lips quirked up into a cute smile and with that he gave out a low chuckle which sent shivers down Riley's spine.

"What the fuck are you laughing for?" Riley looked at him like he lost some screws up there.

"Hmm, you really are feisty. And just so you know, I very much love feisty girls. There's nothing sexier than a girl with a sassy attitude and you, kitten, have loads of sass." He replied, cockily.

"And you are a pain in the ass, I swear. I just met you like, twice and I've already come to this conclusion that you're a fucking Casanova wannabe who go whoring around just so you can make your conquest list long which I'm pretty sure is longer than your own...genital. Listen here dude, you don't wanna mess with me." Riley hissed.

"Oh yea? Then why don't you check it out for yourself, kitten? Hmm? Whether my...genital is long enough or not?" Ace retorted with a devilish grin.

Riley stood there, speechless. Trying to comprehend the inappropriate statement and when she grasped the meaning, she flushed red from head to toe.

"And if you utter one more word, I'll rip that genital off." Riley said distastefully.

"Awww, kitten, you're no fun. Anyway, those psycho rapists, as you put it, are actually werewolves, just like me but I'm much better, stronger, hotter and most importantly bigger." Ace said with utmost arrogance.

"Get your head out of your ass, jerk. Seriously, is there no end to your conceited remarks?" She rolled her eyes.

Ace was about to reply when three wolves emerged out of the dark and growled at them. Riley was scared shitless would be an understatement. She looked towards Ace and found him calm but his muscles tensed.

Ace pushed Riley behind him as if trying to block her view from the vile creatures and took a protective stance in front of her.

The three wolves shifted into males and Riley recognised them as the very same psycho rapists who were chasing her just a few moments ago.

"Holy shit! They're werewolves too? You've gotta be shitting me, Lord. Is there any sick, perverted brain functioning problem with you werewolves, huh?" Riley muttered, exhausted.

"Wow! Alpha has graced us with his almighty presence tonight. That's a pleasure now, isn't it?" Vince grinned sinfully.

"Alpha? What the fuck is an Alpha? Damn, what's my life turning into? It's turning into a teen wolf episode." Riley voiced out, slowly.

"Ahh....there you are, baby girl. I was getting lonely there." Vince spoke loudly.

"Listen Alpha, we don't want any trouble. Give us the girl and we'll stay out of your territory. Do we have a deal?" Nick proposed.

"No, we don't have a fucking deal." Ace said in a dangerously low voice.

Rage could be easily detected in his voice and his one sentence was filled with so much venom that the three rogues, even Riley, flinched.

"Why Alpha? Why her, huh? I'm pretty sure that with one snap of your fingers, you can get any girl you want." Vince taunted.

Ace clenched his jaw and his knuckles turned white as he clenched and unclenched them, trying to get a hold of his anger. He took a predatory step forward and said in a deadly voice.

"You touch my mate and I'll tear you apart."

Author's note:
Ooooo dayummm! Riley is Ace's mate. Well....we saw that coming now, didn't we? Let's see what happens in the next chapter yea?
Vote and comment. Thanks🥀