Chapter 12

Sparks

Sparks.

That's what they both felt when their lips touched each other's.

Ace was on cloud nine already. He groaned in pleasure against Riley's mouth. She tasted oh so sweet, like peaches. He just couldn't get enough of her.

He grabbed the back of her neck to kiss her deeper than before but soon he noticed that she wasn't responding, at all. In fact, she was standing too stiff.

Riley, who was standing in shock, couldn't believe that this is happening. She was being kissed by a certain hot stranger practically in the middle of nowhere and damn it definitely felt good. But it was wrong. So very wrong. She tried to pull away but couldn't as Ace had a vice grip on her.

And then it happened. Riley, with all mustered force, pushed him away.

Ace, not expecting such a force, stumbled back and stared at her, bewildered. He took a note of the cute pink dust that coated her cheeks. She's blushing. How adorable, he mused silently.

Riley was now panting as she tried to calm her nerves. She wasn't expecting that move from him. Hell, she's never looked at any guy in such a way, let alone kissing one. Guys always maintained their distance from her as she has always been the quiet and mysterious one. It intimidated the hell out of them, they didn't even put an effort to peel that hard exterior, to look into her, through her.

And now he was looking right into her, through her.

Smack!

The loud sound echoed around the eerie woods which was deadly silent. Riley's right palm was burning from the impact and she was shooting all sorts of death glares at Ace, as if she could burn a hole through him.

Ace, who was dreadfully still, poked his abused cheek with his tongue and slowly turned his face towards her.

And then the bastard smirked.

"That was hot. Oh, so you like it rough, kitten?"

Riley's eyes widened with horror as she backed away from him but Ace was much faster and caught her wrist, pulled her towards him as she crashed into his chest.

"What? You sick pervert, get your filthy paws off me before I rip them off completely." Riley seethed at him through clenched teeth.

Before Ace could come up with a reply, they heard a howl which was filled with blood thirst and revenge that is soon going to follow if they didn't leave immediately.

"C'mon, let's go. We'll catch up with that hot stuff later, yea?" Ace smirked like the bastard he was.

"Excuse me?" Riley glowered at him, dangerously.

"Listen, I need you to get on my back after I shift, alright? These aśsholes are not far from us and we need to move pretty fast so.......," Ace drawled out,"Uhm....do you still want me to go on or you got the memo?"

Before Riley could hurl a curse at him, he shifted into that magnificent black beast and nudged her to get on his back.

"I can't believe I'm doing this....but hey, if you dropped me in the middle and I end up with multiple fractures or worse, dead. I'm coming to haunt your hairy asś, douchèbag." Riley finished in one breath.

The beast rolled his eyes and snorted at her to which he received a glare from her. She got on his back and clutched his silky black fur, tightly.

Ace gave one loud howl and with that he took off.

He ran so fast that Riley swore she felt like she was flying in the air which caused her to clutch Ace more tightly, her knuckles turned white due to the death grip she had on him.

Ace dodged all the trees and thorny shrubs that came in their way which was almost impossible to believe with the pace he was going with.

Few seconds blurred by, they both reached a huge gate which looked like some sort of border of a territory. There were two big, buffy guards standing on each side of the gate.

They looked scary, to say the least.

One of them walked forward when he spotted them and his eyes widened when he was the black wolf.  He bowed his head and murmured, "Alpha." With that, he commanded the other guard to open the gate to which he obeyed and bowed his head as well.

This whole interaction made Riley wonder just exactly who was Ace. Really.

The beast moved forward and entered the territory. Riley was shocked to see that beyond all this wild forest, there was civilisation, a place where people lived in great numbers.

She looked at everything in awe and amazement. The beast could literally feel the excitement rolling off her which made him give out a low chuckle. The vibration running through Riley, resulting in her blushing.

They strolled into the pack and Riley saw that soon people living her were staring at her. Everyone was confused as who's this girl, sitting on their Alpha's back. Riley avoided eye contact with everyone and instead, looked straight ahead.

Soon they stopped in front of a huge mansion. If Riley thought that the town's museum was huge, then she was mistaken as this mansion or palace, or whatever was humongous.

The gates in the front were black with gold encrusted upon them. There was a huge garden beyond these gates which ran miles and miles long, with beautiful flowers everywhere. There was a big fountain in the middle of the garden which was just so mesmerising that Riley couldn't tear her eyes away from it. All in all, it screamed one thing. Luxury.

So this guy's loaded, huh? Riley wondered to herself.

She got off Ace's back and just stared at the huge mansion in front of her. Meanwhile Ace shifted back into his very naked human form and stared at Riley who was taking everything in. Well... or at least trying to.

The silence was broken by a tall male with  a lean physique. He had silver hair and icy blue eyes to go with. He had ear piercings which glinted in the dark as moonlight struck them.

He was carrying a pair of sweatpants and was walking towards them with a smirk on his beautiful face.

He passed the sweatpants to Ace and waited for him to finish dressing.

After Ace was decent enough, the silver haired male looked towards Riley and then back to Ace.

"So....this is our beautiful Luna, huh?" He smirked playfully.

Author's note:
Ayo wassup, people? I know I know. I know it all so Y'all don't need to say it. Hold ur breath. So here's another chapter. I'll try to update regularly now as I'm done with my semesters so don't ya worry. Lemme know how U like this chapter eh? Thanks for all the love & support. I'm really grateful to y'all. 💕
Vote and comment❤️