Ch 21: Learning The Truth.

9 Years Earlier.

Jennie felt numb.

The tears that stained her cheeks were tastless.

The sound of glass being thrown, shattering onto the marble floors, muffled like she was underwater.

The yelling was unclear.

The anger on the other hand. Clearer than a diamond.

All it took was a blink to make her come back to reality. Oh how she wishes she hadn't.

"GET OUT! GET THE FUCK OUT! OR ILL MAKE YOU!"

"DAD STOP!"

"GET OUT OF MY WAY BOY!"

Jennie watches with shakey eyes as her father so easily pushes her older brother aside. His back hitting the wall with a thump. Dark burning eyes marched over to her, a black leather belt in his hand like a snake of fear.

A fourteen year old Jennie was frozen in her spot. Her own mother turning a blind eye to the crime her father was unafraid to commit.

Before she could feel the burning whip of the belt she was being pulled away. She knew the strong warm arms carrying her so easily up the stairs. Jongin was stronger than Taehyung but he was more hesitant to defy his parents. He grabbed Taehyung by the T-shirt and dragged him up the spiral staircase with them.

"GET BACK HERE!" Their father called out in a voice so venomous Jennie was sure even the devil would shake.

"Come on, come on, we gotta go!" Kai urges. He drops both of them in Jennie's room. Slamming the door closed before locking it. "Pack your things Jennie."

"W-what? And g-go where?" Jennie cries. There was nothing else for her. Where could she possibly go.

"Run to Grandmas. Run to her and don't ever come back." Kai says while pulling clothes from her walk in closet.

Taehyung wiped her tears away with his thumb. "She'll take good care of you. Don't worry." He assures.

It had been years since they had seen their grandmother. Jennie could barely even remember where she lived.

"Here's her number." Taehyung scribbles it out before handing it to her.

"I-I Don't want to go." Jennie shakes her head at the thought of leaving her brothers.

*BANG BANG BANG*

"OPEN THE FUCKIN DOOR!"

"Quick Jennie! We don't have time." Kai slings a backpack over her shoulders.

"If you stay, he'll hurt you." Taehyung says.

"OPEN THE DOOR OR ILL BREAK IT!"

"Go Jennie. Go and don't look back." Kai hugs her.

"We'll buy you some time." Taehyung kisses her forehead and hugs her a final time. "Please be safe."

Jennie could only watch as her brothers opened the door to her bedroom before slamming it closed to block out their father.