Teasing

Mackenzie's P.O.V.

It's been a few days since Anna has started living with us and I mean she's great and all but sometimes she can be a bit mean. She doesn't want to play any games with me or hang out sometimes. I know she's four years older than me but I wish she'd want to hang out with me more.

I'm currently on my way to Perrie's room to ask her to play uno since Anna is busy texting her friends. I tried to ask her to play with me, but she was really rude and said she didn't want to play with a baby.

I had my lamb with me since Anna made me really upset so when I walked into Perrie's room, she didn't look happy to see my lamb. "Baba, you know your lamb stays only in your room" Perrie sighs but pats the spot next to her on her bed when she sees uno cards in my hand. We love playing uno so she couldn't resist.

"I know, but I'm just sad" I said angrily thinking back on how Anna talked to me, her voice was full of hatred. I just wanted to play a card game with her. "Why, what's happened?" Perrie asks, all of a sudden getting concerned.
"It's just, Anna didn't want to play with me because I'm a "baby"." I put baby in air quotes because I know I'm not one that's just what Anna says.

"Oh sweetie, you're not a baby, that wasn't very nice of her. I'll talk to her later but for now, I'm gonna beat you at uno" Perrie says taking the cards out of my hand and dealing them out. I just laugh at her and we start playing the game. After a few games, which most of them I won, Perrie and I went downstairs to the lounge and saw everyone down there.

"Omg she even has a stuffed animal" I hear Anna laugh as soon as Pez and I walk in and she sees me carrying my lamb. Jade, Leigh and Jesy immediately turn their heads in my direction and I start feeling self conscious with them staring.

"Kenzie, where is your lamb supposed to be?" Jade asks sternly. I just stare down at my feet, not wanting to answer. "Wait wait, the baby has rules for her stuffed animal too?!!" Anna says while laughing hysterically.

"First off, I don't think you should be laughing unless you want to be over my knee and secondly, Kenzie is not a baby" Jesy says sternly towards Anna once she sees me getting upset. Perrie and Jade bring me back upstairs to my room, while Leigh and Jesy stay with Anna.

Anna's P.O.V.

"Why are you teasing her about her lamb? It's her comfort item, she needs it" Jesy says sternly. I roll my eyes and scoff, which doesn't get a good reaction from Jesy. "She's ten. You need to stop babying her, after all it's just a stupid teddy" I say.

Leigh and Jesy look at each other, "Do you know who gave her that teddy?" Leigh asks. "Probably one of you" I say, I really don't know why they're asking me.

"Kenzie's parents gave it to her when she was born. Her parents passed away from a car accident and that's all she has left of them. Sure it's not the best thing for her, but it's the last thing she has from her parents and she's made a lot of progress with only keeping it in her room" Jesy tells me sternly.

I instantly felt bad for teasing Mackenzie about it. I mean my parents gave me up so I could have a better life, but Kenzie's died and her lamb is all she has left. I have lots of things from my parents like pictures, rings and some old clothes but Kenzie only has that so I understand it now.

"I-I really didn't know" I say feeling extremely guilty. "We know, just go and apologise to her please, you're not in trouble but the next time you tease her for it, you will be" Leigh Anne says sternly.

I rush upstairs to Kenzie and my floor and I walk into her room. I see her resting her head on Jades shoulder and Perrie rubbing her back. "It's alright baba, she didn't know" I hear Perrie say.

"Kenzie, I'm so so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I didn't know how important your lamb was to you" I say honestly, I feel so bad when I see her red eyes and wet cheeks. I didn't mean to make her this upset, it was just some light teasing.

"It's okay" Kenzie says after wiping her eyes. "Just don't keep calling me a baby" Mackenzie said sternly. That made Jade and Perrie laugh. "Hey you're my little sister, I'm gonna call you a baby even when you're 80 so get used to it, baby" I said. I got a little smile from Kenzie.

"We'll be downstairs if you need us" Jade said and then she and Perrie left the room. "I'm really sorry about the teasing. I didn't know how much your lamb meant to you and where it came from" I told her honestly. "It's alright, I've been only keeping it in my room for the past few months. I only need it to sleep or for comfort" Kenzie tells me.

"I'll let you in on a little secret. Up until the age of 8, I still had a dummy. I kept the same one from my parents when I first arrived at the foster home. I used that dummy everyday to fall asleep and for comfort just like you with your lamb. But this girl at the orphanage found out and was going to tell everyone unless I stopped and I didn't want anyone else finding out so I stopped. When I did stop, that same girl told me she was never going to tell anyone and she only wanted me to get rid of that habit" I tell Mackenzie. I've never told anyone that before.

"Wait, so you're telling me you're gonna tell everyone I sleep with a teddy if I don't stop?" Kenzie asks confused. I laughed, "No, I just wanted to tell you that story because I want to let you know that everyone had a comfort item or something that helps them fall asleep. It's not a bad thing or something you should try to get rid of unless it's risking your health. It's not harming anyone and it makes you happy so don't let anyone try to take it away unless you're okay with leaving it" I tell her.

"Ohhh, good because no ones taking my lamb from me. And a dummy? Really Anna" Kenzie says with sass. "Hey hey, it was comforting. Now let's play some uno" I say and we start playing a game.

A/N: I'm sooo sorry I haven't updated in a few months. I've had writers block and have been super busy with work and school. I have a few ideas for chapters but if you guys have any ideas, just let me know and I'll try to update as soon as I can. ❤️