Medical Practice (Nurse Reader)

-Your POV-
Another boring day at the hospital.. Always. Well this time, i heard gossips about the new doctor. "Hey have you heard of the new doctor?" Said the gossiping nurse. "Yeah, i heard that he's a bit insane." Said the second nurse. I ignored the two of them and then continued to walk to my doctor's office. I don't know why but they always assign me as an assistant nurse to a doctor or a surgeon. While i was walking, the assistant's boss walked near me. "Hey, you're Ms. (Y/N)?" He asked. "Yeah.." I nodded. "Well you're now moved to the newest doctor, Doctor Ludwig." He said. I nodded. "Where is his.. office?" I asked. He pointed at a door named before the newest doctor. "There. Goodluck on your first day with your new doctor. I know you're used to it." He smiled as he walked away. I continued walking.

I stopped as i saw the doctor's door. I sighed as i knocked on the wooden door. "Uh... Come in!" A thick German accent replied. I opened the door slightly. "Hello." I looked down, hoping it would be a nice doctor this time. Then i looked up. There he was.. the new doctor. Looks nicer than i thought. His hair has this cute little detail. He wore a lab coat with it's suspenders. Huh.. He looks like one of the history doctors. I thought. Wait did i say 'cute'? "Hi there, fraulëin." He waved a small hand. I waved back. Looks like my hearts all doing this. "I'm (Y/N) (Y/L) and they.. assigned me as your assistant nurse." I said kindly. "Oh, I knew that." He smiled. "My name's Joseph Ludwig. It's very nice to meet you. Don't mind me i was just fixing my stuff.." I nodded as i looked around Joseph's office. "Hey.. Do you mind if i ask you... What is this?" I asked as i raised a weird gun. "That's my Medigun. I used that when i was fighting for my team. I used to be a combat medic, you know?" He sighed. "I guess i'll be missing them for a while." "What happened?" I asked. "Well its a very long story between two teams." He shrugged.

After an hour, he told his story about how he became a combat medic. It's sounded so cool but it's also painful to do. He told me that he was a really great medic back then. His teammates always cheered for him. He told me the funny stories of the Scout. His old best friend is named Heavy. He lost his medical license while he was fighting but of course he got another medical license for this hospital. He was happy back there but until his boss said that they were bankrupt now. That's why he chose this hospital to work for. "And.. Yes.. Everything was fun back there. Looks like i have to go back to my tracks." He said with a gloomy smile. "I'll make sure you'll have fun. In here." I said as i patted his shoulder. "Thanks.. (Y/N)."

After that day..
"Good morning, (Y/N)!!" He greeted me with enthusiasim. "Busy day today, dont it, Dr. Ludwig?" I said as i offered him a coffee. He graduately accept it and then said "Don't call me Dr... Call me Medic." He smiled. I nodded as i took a sip of coffee. Until i remembered that gossiping lady said 'I heard that he's a bit insane.' I removed that thought and then accepted him as a person. "So yeah.. What are we going to do today, Medic?" I asked him. "Let me teach you basic surgery. " "Medic- No need to.. I.."
"Afraid of blood?" He asked as his eyebrows rose.
"No, not exactly."
"Then what's wrong, Fräulein?" His head tilts in confusion.
"I'm.. not really good at surgery.."
"That's why i'll teach you!"
"Medic-"
"No need to pay or something." He smiled. "I was trying one of my teammates to teach surgery but none of them wanted. So yeah.." His smile faded. "Okay, okay.." I said as i patted his shoulder. His smile returns. "Let's go practice!"

After that bloody hours...
"Well that.. went well.." He said as he returned the patient's skin back with his Medigun. "It's that how it works?" I said as i kept holding the surgery utensil. "It's actually good.. for a beginner like you." He smiled as he gave me a pat on the shoulder. "Let's clean up and call the nurses to return him in his room." He said. I reached the phone and called the nurses. The nurses came quickly and then they grabbed the patient. They leaved with no word. "Well.. Let's clean this up." I said as i started to mop the tiles. Joseph was on the sink, cleaning the surgery utensils and then returning them back in place. We exited the Surgery Room and then we returned back to Joseph's office. I grabbed my stuff on my locker and then waved goodbye to Joseph. "Wait!" He screamed. "Do you.. mind if i join you home?" "I don't mind." I smiled. "I'll wait for you." He grabbed all of his stuff and  then joined me walking home.

Months came.. The me and medic became close friends. Sometimes we tried to have fun with some patient's organs but it was successful that even the patient's still alive. What is this movie magic? You know, so many funny and happy memories are created in my mind with just only him. I never found any doctor that is so nice and kind. Well all my past doctors are really painful to me. They always command me shit and all. I hate those doctors. Hell i don't even know how am i still alive when that one doctor tried to get my organs. Good thing that the assistant's boss took notice of this. They banned him for life in this hospital.

Now back to medic... He's such a sincere person. He always.. very kind to me. Sometimes he will leave gifts in my locker and quickly disappear. One time i caught him in act but i remained hidden. When i was about to return to my locker, i acted as if i'm innocent. Hell even my acting bought him. He acting all.. nice to me. Weird.. Giving me random gifts and flowers. Do he like me? Or is this like a symbol for 'thank you'?

I stared at nothing for like hours and then medic took notice of this. "(Y/N)? Are you okay?" He said as he waved his hand in front of my face. "Y-Yeah.. I'm fine." I said as i grabbed my notebook to write some stuff. "You're.. face is pretty red." He said with a concerning voice. Why he is so concerned? "I-It's no-nothing.." I stuttered. "Tell me what's wrong. I'm a doctor." He said so serious. My cheeks went fully red.

"I.. I'm in love with you, Joseph."

His eyes widened in surprise. "(Y/N)?" He asked, jaws dropping. "You know that time.. You teached me basic surgery? That's.. the time i fell in love with you." I confessed. "Those sweet little gifts you gave me on my.. locker. Thank you.."
"(Y/N).." His cheeks went red. "Those letters.. Are actually hints that i love you and i cared for you." My eyes widened in shock. Then all of the sudden my heart now took control to my body, again. I walked near him and then kissed him in his lips. He jumped in surprise. But he kissed back. "ich liebe dich, mein liebling. (I love you, my darling.)"