Both Mercenaries

-Your POV-
I never liked him you know? I really don't.

I sat down at a couch. Looking through the window as i reminisce the time i first got here.

"Congrats, (Y/N)!" Ms. Pauling said as she patted my shoulder. "Welcome to the R.E.D. Team." She smiled. "Thank you, Ms. Pauling." I smiled back. "Let's introduce the people who are your teammates." Ms. Pauling said as she opened the door to the R.E.D.'s team headquarters. "This is.. Engineer. He likes to build things." She introduced the man in a hard hat. "Hello, Missy. You're (Y/N), right?" The Engineer said with it's thick Texas accent. I nodded. "Welcome to the team." He said as he smiled. "Here is.. Heavy. He's a strong man. A very very brave and strong man." Ms Pauling introduced another member. "Hello, lettle girl." He smiled. "Hi." I waved a hand as i smiled back. "This is.. Medic. He's a healer and a.. doctor." Ms Pauling introduced a third member. "Hello, Ms. (Y/N)!" He enthusiastically said. He waved a bloodied hand as he clean his bonesaw..? "H-Hi." I stuttered at what i saw. I don't know how to react. "He's also a surgeon." Ms. Pauling whispered. "O-Oh.." I gasped silently. "Don't worry, fräulein, i wont do this to you." He said as he smiled. "Now let's move on..."

He's very gruesome. You know? That one time i was going to check on him because it's dinner time. I walked to his lab and then saw him disposing dead bodies. I seen dead bodies before but not like this. "H-Hi..." He stuttered as he disposed a dead arm. "I-It's.. Now.. It's not gonna happen to you, fräulein." He said, with pure calmness in his voice. "What the actual fuck, Medic?" I cursed with anger in my eyes. "That's.. Disgusting.. Get it off."
"Well you're the one who entered here first. Why didn't you knock?"
"I don't know that.. you actually like doing those things.."
"I'm a surgeon."
I sighed. "Okay, Engie said that it's dinner. Get yourself cleaned up."
He nodded as i walked away.

He can be like.. a psycho? Not obnoxious but crazy. He always do that in the fights. Laughing like a maniac. His teammates did not worry about it because they said that its just the normal him. Well that's not actually normal. It's pretty obvious. Killing enemies in a brutal way. Like sawing them in half. Or cutting their heads of! That's... like holy shit. I can't even do that. He's a doctor why don't he take a healing of himself?

He's also a weirdo. Unbelievable. Well, men. Of fucking course. He's sometimes pretty predictable. I caught him once on my bedroom window. I was just about to sleep until i found a human shadow forming in front of my window. "Who the fuck is that?" I screamed as i grabbed a nearest weapon, a lamp.

"Boo." The shadow shows up, it's.. Joseph. "Medic!" I frowned. "Not in the middle of the night!"
"What you don't like surprises?"
"Hmp." I crossed my arms as i looked at him. "Go to bed please."
"I can't."
"Why is that?"
"Uh.. Nevermind. I got to go." He said as he quickly walked away. I looked at his direction he was going. "Weirdo."

One time he even, even tried to get me to his lab for my organs. "(Y/N), please. I'm  a doctor. I can improve your health!" He said as he walked near me. "No need Joseph. I-I can do this to myself. Hah.. I can use medicine." I smiled as i backed away slowly. Then i ran to my room.

Few months later.
It's my birthday. Yeah, in cease fire day. I woke up as usual. Removing all these past thoughts to myself. I washed myself and exited my bedroom. I walked down the stairs to get my daily breakfast. Until, i saw balloons and ballonicorns floating around. "What?" I gasped. "Happy birthday, (Y/N)!!" My teammates screamed happily. "Guys.. Haha." I chuckled as they sing the song. "Happy birthday, dear (Y/N). Happy birthday, dear (Y/N)...." The song ended and all of them clapped. "Yaay!" Scout screamed as he rose his hand above the air. "Thank you, Guys.. Who planned these?" I said as i joined them. "This guy did!" Heavy closed his eyes as he patted something in the air. "Uhh.. Who again, Heavy?" I asked as i tilted my head in confusion. "Wha-?" He opened his eyes and saw nothing next to him. "Huh, Where's doktor?" I mentally frowned as he said doctor. That maniac planned this whole thing! I marched to the exit and leave my other teammembers in confusion. "What's wrong with (Y/N)?" Engie asked. Everyone shrugs.

I sat down near a cliff. Removing all these unpleasant thoughts. "Hmph." I frowned as i dangled my feet in the air. "Hey, (Y/N).." A gloved hand patted my shoulder. "Joseph?" I gasped. "Why are your cheeks red?" He asked as he sat next to me. "R-Red?" I looked down in embarassment. "Hey.. I'm really sorry.." He rubbed the back of his neck. "Why are you.. sorry?"
"Its the things you saw.. When you got here."
"It's.. fine."
"Y-You're not gonna slap me or something?"
"No.. Why would i do that?" I smiled at him.
"(Y/N).. You're.. uh.."
"Yes?"
"You're.. the one who.. made me care about people.."
"What? You're a doctor, right? You're making me laugh."
"S-Seriously. I've never thought that.." He flushed. "Okay.. But what's about the.. scaring me at the middle of the night?"
"Oh i was checking on you if you're okay."
"What?! Don't just do that or something!" I was astonished on what he last said. "H-How about the disposing bodies."
"See that. Uh.. I was cleaning up the place for you. For when you are going to visit me or something."
"Why is there so many bodies?!"
"I am a surgeon, (Y/N). I told you before. I practice using.. uh... dead bodies." He flushed. "I felt this worry around you."
I suddenly kissed him. "(Y/N)?" He cheeks flushed. "I actually love you, you maniac genius." I confesed as i blushed. He smiled so beautifully. It's so rare to see him smile.

At the end, I do actually like him. No, I love him. He's very lovely and so nice to me. His smile is just for me. He's so.. adorable. He protects me from the bad hygiene and those people who tried to attack me. He's everything.