Chapter 3

"What is it Judar?" The magi stretches, flexing his well toned body. I didn't realize I was staring until he chuckled.

"We can go back to my room again if you're interested." I looked away, embarrassed.

"I-it's okay- so what did you want to show me?" I tried changing the subject.

"I'm going to show you how to use your metal vessel, since you're pretty useless with it and all." My head dropped a bit.

"Oh... yeah. Thanks." I said trying to sound as enthusiastic as I could at the insult but failing.

"Don't feel down about it Kayla. It takes practice so let's go." He walked off with his hands in his pockets and I ran after him.

We walked to an outdoor area where I saw Hakuryuu and an instructor sparing the day before.

"Okay sweety let's see what you can do." He turns around and pulls a short silver rod with a red gem on the end out of his shirt and points it at me. He shouts some gibberish and icicles start shooting in my direction.

"What the hell Judar!?" I yell as I quickly dodge his attack.

"What did you think I would go easy on you because we sleep together?" He chuckles as he creates more ice.

"Tha- that isn't what I was talking about!" I felt my cheeks get warm again. 'What is he doing to me? Making me blush all the time. That j-jerk.' I dodge his next attack by a hair. If I didn't have my fast reflexes, I would probably be dead by now. 'Is he actually trying to kill me?'

"Woah be careful there kiddo. Don't want to get ourselves killed now do we?" He joked but I could hear the slight concern in his voice.

I nodded and pull out my dagger and talked to it as I envisioned the beautiful djinn I met so many months ago. "Um I know I have never figured out how to use you-" I dodged a lightning attack this time. "But do you think you could help me out-" lightning and ice, oh how fancy. "I would really appreciate your help!"

"Come on Kayla, how do you expect her to help you if you don't command her power?!" This time he used an icicle to throw me across the arena.

I grunt but I know he's right. If I want to wield her awesome power then I need to command it. It's not my djinn's job to protect me, it's mine.

'Spirit of beauty and deception lend me your power so that I may defeat all who challenge me, Jinx!'

I felt a surge of power flow through my body and up to my arms. A wind storm danced around my body as my dull dagger changed into a beautiful, shiny, blue and gold blade. Deep purple arm guards ran up my arms and stopped at my elbows. "Wow... thanks." I mutter.

(Sword 1 is her blade btw! It makes a little more sense with her djinn equip later

(Sword 1 is her blade btw! It makes a little more sense with her djinn equip later. I didn't want to crop the picture out of respect for its owner.)

"What are you standing around for?" I look up and see my magi flying at me with an icicle coming my way.

We began sparing again but this time I wasn't nearly as pathetic. My leg strength helped with my endurance and speed while my djinn's power helped me actually fight Judar. We dueled for about an hour and the winner was very clearly... Judar.

I was good too but Judar beats me when it comes to experience and a want to hurt your opponent. I couldn't bring myself to hurt him. I hung my head after our match. "Oh come on now Kayla, smile. Did you really think you could defeat a great and powerful magi like me?" He sounded arrogant but that's just what I needed to hear to make me smile and get off of the ground.

We walked to his room and he let me take a bath first. He said because I would be helping him bathe later it would be easier if I were already clean.

I ran in and soaked in the hot bath and all of my aches and pains started to melt away. I had only been in there for about 20 minutes when I heard my impatient boy outside of the bathroom. "Are you almost done? It's pretty boring out here you know?" He pouted on the other side of the door. I laughed and told him that I would hurry.

After I dried myself off and changed into my night clothes, I fixed Judar's bath and informed him it was ready. He came in somewhat grumpy. "That's the last time I let you go first. You took forever to get done." He pouted as if he were a kid. I laughed at his childish behavior.

"Next time you can take a bath with me if you want?" I joked.

"Really?" He raised an eyebrow and smirked at me before looking me up and down.

"N-No, you pervert! Now get in there." I turned him away from my glowing red face and to the tub. I started walking out of the bathroom when suddenly...

"I can't get in there yet. I still have my clothes on." He whines over his shoulder but I can tell he's just acting.

"Can't you take them off yourself?" I remarked.

"Nope. Don't know how." I turned around to see him grinning from ear to ear.

"Fine." I knew he was lying but I didn't mind helping him out some. I won't admit it out loud, but I liked how flirtatious he can be.

I grab his top and pull it off. After that, I help take off all of the expensive jewelry he wears. Now I just have to take off the... pants. I felt my face get warm as I knelt down to pull them off. "slowly sweety." He leaned back against the counter behind him.

"J-Judar... are you sure you can't do this yourself?"

"I'm absolutely helpless." I hear him say before he chuckles. "On second thought maybe I do know how to do this." He stands me up and turns me to face the wall. A moment later I hear him get into the tub and call for me.

"Can you rub my back? It's sore after that battle with you." I giggle and begin rubbing his shoulders and back. After a long and uneventful cleaning session, the magi dries himself off and puts on some boxers before climbing into bed.

"You coming?" He turns and looks at me.

"Do you want me to Judar?" I genuinely ask. I thought he was joking when he said that he wanted me to stay with him earlier today. I've spent every night, except for one, in Judar's room since I first came to the Kou. When I didn't sleep with him that one night, which was yesterday, he said that he felt physically ill when I'm not there.

"Well duh. You're mine so I get to sleep with you every night, unless...." He trails off.

"Unless what?"

"Unless you don't want to sleep with me." He sounds a bit dramatic.

"I'd like to sleep with y-you if you don't mind." I say just above a whisper.

He grins. "I'm sorry what was that?" He cups his hand behind his ear. "I think you need to speak a little louder."

"I said I want to sleep with you Judar." I said louder this time but still embarrassed.

"Hm. Good." He gently grabbed my waist and guided me into the bed and under the covers. Once there, he wraps his arms around me and pulls me into him until I am completely pressed against him. I nuzzled my nose into my pillow and happily fell asleep.