Chapter 11

⚠️⚠️THERE IS A LOT OF SADNESS IN THIS CHAPTER!! If you don't do well with traumatic or graphic events, I HIGHLY recommend you don't read this specific chapter!⚠️⚠️

"Daddy!" A small girl yelled. "It's mommy! You need to hurry!" The small child was frantically trying to pull her father out of the bar he was in.

"Baby, there's no need to worry." He picks up his daughter and pays the bartender. "Mommy is gonna be okay. She is probably just having your brother or sister." The father took to their house but when he stepped inside a chair was thrown across the room.

"And just what took you so long?!" The fanalis woman was breathing heavily and she looked like she was in a lot of pain but she continued to grab a small table to throw at her husband. "Was booze more important than your child's birth!?" Her voice had venom dripping off of it.

"Oh crap. Kanna stop throwing things!" The man quickly dodged his wife's attacks and ran out of the house with his daughter in hand. "Get back here, Kakujo! You coward!" She yelled after him.

"Daddy? Why is mommy yelling? I've never seen her do that before." The little girl both feared and admired her mother's fury.

"Well I have seen it before." He sighed but then smiled warmly. "It was about 4 years ago when she had you."

"Oh~" They sat and looked at the sunset until the girl's aunt told them that they could go inside and see the child.

"Kakujo. Kuniome. Come see the new addition to our family!" Her mother smiled brightly, no trace of anger was in her voice now.

"Yay! I have a baby brother! Can I name him?" Kuniome asks and her parents agree. "What about Salmon?! It's my favorite kind of fish!" The little girl says as her mouth began to water.

"Hm. Don't you like the name Janko, Kuni?" Her mother asked and her father flashes his wife a knowing smile.

"Of course- wait! That would be a great name for him, don't ya think?" Her parents agree, knowing they tricked her into giving her little brother the name they wanted for him.

After a couple hours together, the family called it a night and fell asleep together. They were all careful as to not injure Kanna in their sleep so she slept further away.

In the middle of the night the girl's ears twitched and she woke up. "Daddy... I think I heard something." The large fanalis man sat up but immediately laid back down.

"Don't worry about it sweetie. I'm sure it was nothing." But the girl wasn't convinced. She got out of bed and scanned their small house. Suddenly a black bird flew in through the window and landed on the sleeping couple, waking them from their slumber.

"Damn bird! It scratched me!" It wasn't uncommon for birds to get in the house so the girl giggled at her parents struggle with her crying brother. Her laugh died out when her father fell limp. "What the hell! M-My body won't move!" Her mother collapsed soon after. She ran over to them and caught her little brother before he could hit the ground.

"Well, well. Look what we have here." A man with a raspy voice and short, greasy black hair walked into their house. "We picked up a whole family this time!"

More men filed in and grabbed the father and mother. "No! Kuniome! Janko!" Her parents cried but it was no use.

"No! Mommy! Daddy!" She ran outside after them and saw that several other families and people she knew were in cages. "What are you doing to them?!" She yelled at the abductors.

"Looks like our bird missed the little girl. Oh well, she's just a little kid." A man reached out to grab Kuniome. The girl was furious. These men were going to pay for what they did. Just as the man was going to grab her arms, the arms that were carrying her dear brother, she ran past him and kicked him in the stomach which caused blood to come out of his mouth and he fell over.