Chapter 8

Kayla's POV

Judar and I walked around together looking at stuff for the past several hours before I started to get tired. Aladdin and Titus left to find Morg and Alibaba a bit ago so it was just me and my magi.

"Ju Ju..."

"Yes Kayla?" He didn't even react when I called him that nickname.

"I'm tired and my feet hurt." I pushed out my bottom lip to emphasize my point. He chuckled at my childlike behavior.

"Okay, come here." He gave me a piggyback ride all the way back to the palace. I was surprised that he didn't fly back. One of the maids directed us to our room and Judar put me on the bed.

"Mm. Squishy." I said as I patted the bed, feeling around. My black haired beauty laughed.

"Just how childish are you?"

"I could ask you the same thing Ju Ju." He blushed softly and looked away.

"Whatever."

After that we both changed into sleeping clothes and got into bed for a nap. It was about 3 in the afternoon, so we had plenty of time for one. He spooned me and played with my hair to help me sleep. I knew that he wasn't really tired but he stayed with me anyway.

"I love you Judar." I said sleepily.

"I love you too, Kayla." He awkwardly muttered in my ear and I smiled to myself before sleep took me.

??? POV

"So the magi is in love with the fanalis girl? Interesting."

Kayla's POV

Judar woke me up from my nap by kissing neck until I opened my eyes. He could be so sweet and gentle sometimes... it was nice.

"We should probably get ready for the party. It's 7 now."

"What?! I'll never get ready in time!" I ran around the room grabbing garments, jewelry, makeup, shoes, hair pins, and what ever else I needed for the festival.

Judar eyed my as I ran around. "What are you doing?" He asked as I tried fixing my hair.

"Getting ready of course! I won't be ready to go to the festival if I don't hurry!" My words we're running together but I wasn't worried about it too much.

"Babe, you need to calm down." The nickname he gave me made me smile to myself. "You look beautiful already so why not just go the way you are?"

"B-because I'm still in sleepwear. I can't go out in this." He chuckled and lazily crossed the room until he stood over me.

"You could do everyone a favor and change into your djinn equip again. That's a fun getup." His eyes scanned me until he reached my rosy cheeks.

"D-don't say things like that Judar." I felt his hand under my chin as he lifted my head up to meet his ruby orbs.

"But I like saying it," he placed a small kiss on my lips. "I like seeing how awkward you can be." He walks into our closet, laughing. "Here! Put this on." He pulled out a beautiful gold dancer dress with gold accents and jewelry.

"J-Judar! I can't wear that!" The dress was too pretty and besides, it wasn't meant to be worn by someone like me

"And why not?" He scrunched his nose and narrowed his eyes a bit.

"It's really nice. That's all." I knew that it was dangerous for me to look him in the eyes after saying something like that so I kept my head turned away. Moments later I heard his bare feet stomp back in front of me.

"Kayla... look at me." His voice was cold and emotionless. I shook my head. "Look at me, now!" He repeated but kept my gaze to the side. I wasn't scared of him or anything but I definitely knew when to steer clear of his wrath.

He grabbed my face with one of his gentle hands and made me look at him. I imagine that I had one of those stupid fishy faces on, due to his grasp. His eyes remained serious while he looked into my soul. 'He's being really aggressive... it's kinda hot, not gonna lie~'

"What?" I ask as best I could.

"What's your deal? Do you like pissing me off?"

'Is that a trick question?' I shook my head 'no', lying. I like seeing him a little upset especially if he's being protective over me.

He let go of my face. "I love you Kayla whether you like it or not! What will it take to make you see that you're actually a decent person?!"

I smiled warmly at him. "Time." He sighed and muttered somewhat of an agreement. After our small 'fight', Judar and I got ready for the festival and I dressed in the outfit he picked out for me. I didn't want to at first but my magi insisted. When I saw my reflection in the mirror, I gasped. I was... beautiful!? My love chuckled and placed a kiss on my cheek.

"Let's get this over with."

Aladdin's POV

Just before the party, Titus and I spotted king Sinbad.

"We should tell Sinbad about Judar. Maybe he would know what the white and black rukh could mean." Titus agrees and we approach the purple haired man. "Hello Mr. Sinbad!"

"Oh. Hello Aladdin, Titus." The king sent us one of his signature smiles. "What can I help you with?"

"Well the thing is..."

We explained what we saw earlier. Judar's rukh color, the way he looks at her, his attitude, everything. Sinbad listens carefully.

"Yes, I noticed that he was less of an ass earlier. If I attacked him like that two months ago, he would have tried to kill me for it, but he didn't. Instead he listened to Kayla and calmed down." He placed a heavily jeweled hand up to his chin and thought for a moment. "The organization won't be happy about this. Judar is their strongest weapon at present so him being pulled out of the darkness isn't something they would want. Maybe we should try to get them to stay longer while we figure everything out."

"Right!" Titus and I respond.

"Although, I'll be leaving soon to go back home. I don't want to be away from Marga longer than I have to." I smiled at my friend.

"I'll bet she's fine! Sphintus is watching her after all."

"Yeah... that's what I'm worried about." Titus held a look of worry that a father might have if he left his child with an addict.

I giggle. "Let's just go enjoy the party!"