Chapter 10

Kayla's POV

I could hear the wind rushing past my ears. That was what woke me up from my slumber.

"You're awake I see." I opened my heavy eyes to see two men sitting in front of me; both completely covered in robes, even their faces were covered.

"W-where is everyone? I was at the festival a moment ago." I said as brave as possible but something about these guys aura really creeped me out.

"The festival is already over. I regret to inform you but you have been sleeping for almost two days."

"What?! How?"

"We have decided to make you an offering." He completely ignored my question.

"Okay... what's the offer?"

"Oh no, you misunderstand. We mean you'll be a sacrifice to our father." The man continued to ramble about fate but I stopped paying attention a long time ago.

'Sacrifice?! But I want to live with Judar! For the first time in my life I've wanted to live but instead I'm some sort of offering?! I can't let this happen!' I realized that my hands weren't bound by anything so if I acted quickly I could escape. I gave myself a short pep talk and then reached into the waistband of the gold dress but my dagger wasn't there!

"You've finally realized that we took your metal vessel, have you? We couldn't risk you trying to kill us so we took it off you were asleep."

'Damn!'

"Looks like we're here. The Kou Empire." I looked over the side of the carpet to see the palace slightly illuminated by some torches. Of course it was dark outside but I recognize home when I see it.

The second mysterious man who was sitting in front of my pulled out something that looked like a long chain but not quite. I fought my hardest to keep it away from me but sadly, sometimes magic can beat brute strength. The chain coiled around my body like a snake. It was so tight I felt like I couldn't breathe.

"Let's go." I was grabbed off of the carpet and dragged down several hallways and through many corridors until we reached something that looked like a dungeon.

The room looked empty but it felt crowded. 'There are other people here.' I was thrown into a stone table and was restricted by more chains.

Judar's POV

'We're so close and yet these idiots want to take a break!'

"Don't you even care about what happens to her?! And you call yourselves her friends!" I barked.

"Sorry Judar, but we need time to rest. If we don't, we won't have enough magoi left to fight." I punched the purple haired king on the back of the head as hard as I could.

"Whatever!" I shunned them all.

"Besides she still has her metal vessel, right?" Alibaba asks the dumbest questions sometimes.

"Alibaba, they probably would have taken it away from her." Aladdin educates the dense prince.

"Oh... right."

"I have no doubt that she will be just fine." Yunan says in his usual calm voice.

"Would you like to say that again, you blonde bastard?!" I wanted to kill that creep for even thinking that! How would she be fine? She was kidnapped for crying out loud! By the organization of all people!

It pissed me off how he never even flinched at my threats. "What I meant to say is that I didn't pick her as my king's candidate for no reason." Everyone showed interest in the magi.

"Yes, why did you pick her, Yunan?" I don't like that general suck ups tone.

"Well Ja'far she is extremely talented when she needs to rely on instinct but her real power comes from her heart."

"Yeah, yeah, we all know how nice she is now will you shut up?!"

"Tell me Judar," he's not even listening! "When you spar with Kayla how does she react?"

"How do you know about that?!" He gave me an 'I just know' face and I gave in. "She's a quick thinker and fast on her feet. She's never actually won in a fight against me but she usually beats Kouha and Kougyoku." Both siblings shouted a 'hey!' at my comment.

"She could beat you Judar but she never does."

"And? Your point is?" 'How much longer are we gonna sit around talking?!'

"She has a kind heart. That's why I picked her. She wins against these two because she is powerful but loses to you because she loves you. She can't hurt you."

"Let's just go!" I turned around so they couldn't see my embarrassment.

Yunan continues. "I picked her also because she has a way with fate. Her life up to now has been anything but kind and yet her rukh never turned black. She even managed to turn some of Judar's rukh back to white. She is the perfect weapon against Al-Thamen, a weapon of fate." I turned my head to Yunan.

'That's why she was picked by him? I mean it kind of makes sense. But still, she won't win against the whole organization on her own.'

"We still have a three hour trip to Kou. Are you wimps finally ready to go?" Everyone got to their feet. Alibaba, Sinbad, Kouha, and Kougyoku changed into their djinn equips. Morgiana's chains began glowing and they lifted her off the ground. Yam and Sharrkan rose on the witch's staff and Pisty and Ja'far got on her bird. Meanwhile, me, Yunan, Titus, and Aladdin began hovering off the ground. "Alright lets go!"

Kayla's POV

"Let me go!" I tried escaping but it was no use. I could only move so far in the restraints.

"How is she able to move?" One man said.

"Remember, she is a fanalis." A woman replied.

"Let me go now!" I repeat, the restraints were cutting into my skin. They felt as if they were getting tighter. I let out a grunt of pain.

"For our plan to succeed, we'll be needing you to fall into depravity." A person said as they began walking closer to me. "Now then, relive all of your most painful memories." His chuckle was the last thing I heard before everything faded to black...