Chapter 9

Kayla's POV

Ju Ju and I walked out to a balcony area that overlooked the city.

"Wow." I stared breathlessly at the big celebration below. Hundreds of people were dancing, eating, and laughing together. This sight was charming and kind. Judar grabbed my attention away from the festival. "Yes my magi?" He smiles and then leans in to kiss me; of course, I accepted it. I wanted to hold onto this fading sunset, this festival, this moment forever.

We heard footsteps approach so I pulled out of the kiss and Judar grunted. "How are you liking Sindria, Kayla?" Ja'far asked.

"You're talking as if she's staying here or something!" Judar was standing behind me as he held my small hand in his.

"Knock it off, Ju Ju," I joked. Ja'far tried to keep his laugh in but he failed and Judar flared at me for calling him that in front of 'the enemy'. "We're loving it so far. I'm glad I was able to come back!" My boyfriend huffs.

"We're glad to have you back as well though it would have been nice to know that you were coming." He sighs and then smiles at the ground.

"You should have known. Kouen sent a letter before we even got on the boat." Judar irritatedly states and Ja'far tilts his head to on side.

"We never received a letter."

"Interesting..." I say while thinking.

"Anyway you never told us why you left in the first place Kayla. Did you go on a trip?" The general says trying to change the subject.

"O-oh... yeah well I-"

"She doesn't want to talk about it." I'm pulled into a familiar set of arms and I feel the magi's chin on my head. I respond with a quiet 'yeah.' Ja'far quickly put two and two together and realized what could have happened.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to pry... have fun at our festival! Make yourself at home." He started walking to the group of generals and other guests that were staying in the palace that we didn't notice walk in.

I walked up to the table, sat down, and ate and drank to my hearts content as I made conversation with all of my Sindrian friends. Eventually Aladdin, Titus, Morg, Kouha, and Alibaba wanted a closer experience of the festival. "Come on Kayla! Come on Judar!" Called the blue haired boy.

"I'll pass." The grumpy magi quickly replies while I got up to join the kids. "Don't let that little twerp touch you, love. That's my job." He calls over his shoulder, bored. My face heated up and I rushed out of the room as I heard the room fill with 'oh's.

'Dammit. Why does he have to do that sometimes? I mean it's not like he actually does touch me like that anyway... shame.'

The kids and I observed the street performers and ate seafood samples some cooks made out of the south seas creature. My favorite part though was watching Titus experience things, he was like a ball of energy and cuteness.

"Kayla! Look at this!" The blonde young boy pulled on my arm towards a stage with dancers. "Aren't they beautiful ?" He asked in awe.

"Yeah! They are pretty amazing." I smiled at the boy but my eyes quickly return to the stage when I feel one of the dancers pull me up. "W-wait WHAT?!"

"Woohoo! You go Kayla!" I heard Kouha yell and the others joined in. I heard several people starts cheering so I gave in and danced along with the other girls. I finally felt fully comfortable on stage to the point that I was laughing and actually wanted to stay on stage and dance but something made me feel a bit... off. What was it? Why did everything suddenly go black?