Chapter 14

Kayla's POV

I leaned my head into Judar's with the intention of stealing a kiss from him, but just as our lips were about to touch, he grabbed my face.

"Huh?" I gave him a confused look.

"That Yam lady, or whatever, told me that you shouldn't get too 'excited' because it might mess with your recovery." He kept his grip on my face. "Anyway you're supposed to be sleeping, idiot!"

I blinked a few times after realizing what just happened. He just stopped me from getting any love from him and it made me feel so embarrassed. The one time I go out of my way to kiss him and he shuts me down. "Y-you don't like it anymore?" I asked in a pathetic and wimpy voice as I sunk into the bed.

"Hm? No that's not it. Trust me, I'm horny too." Judar placed both hands on my shoulders and guided me back into bed. "But you're going to do what I told you and go back to bed." He pulled up more blankets and gently pulled me into his arms. "Just get some sleep, okay?"

I locked eyes with him and for the first time that morning, I realized how tired he must have been. By looking at the dark circles under his eyes he probably didn't sleep a wink last night. "Did you stay up all night, Ju Ju?" He smirked lightly at me and then pulled me to him until our bodies were entangled with one another. It was clear that I wouldn't get an answer so I just nuzzled my nose into his chest and fell asleep.

~~~~~~

After I woke up the second time, Judar took me to see Yamuraiha and the other magicians who helped heal me. He didn't trust my legs to carry me so he made me get on his back. The magicians gave me permission to do most things but I still wasn't allowed to do anything straining.

'That means I can get kisses now, right?' I guess Judar was thinking the same thing because the moment they said I could do whatever, he placed a finger under my chin and pulled me into a very rough and passionate kiss.

"We said nothing strenuous!"

He broke it a little to soon in my opinion and shot me a smirk before running off. "Come on, slow poke!"

"Judar!" I whine and briskly walked after him. Eventually, I found him back in our room. He was standing in the bathroom starting a bath.

"You're a total mess, babe. Lets fix that."

'Wow. Charming.' I joked to myself.

"Strip." He commanded.

"W-what?!" I covered my clothed body with my arms and blushed like crazy.

"You have to. I said so." He sounded like he was enjoying himself. "Don't worry. The only one who'll be in here is me. I'll tell the maids to leave us alone." He laughed as if that made the situation any better.

"Judar... I can't. You might... see something."

"That's what I'm hoping for." He grinned even bigger.

We argued for a little longer until he kissed me. His hand slipped to the hem of my dress and pulled it off with little resistance from me. He threw my clothes onto the floor and broke our long, drawn out kiss. "See that wasn't so bad, huh?"

I looked down to see my bare body. "Eek!" I grabbed a nearby towel and hastily covered myself with it.

"Not like I haven't seen it before. You were practically naked when we got to you." He wasn't making an effort to break our eye contact to sneak a peek at me. Judar exasperatedly turned his head to the wall so I could get into the bath. He only looked in my direction after I told him he could. "You're finally in. Geez that took too long. The water's probably cold by now."