Chapter 15

The day after I woke up, the king and his party left Kou. They had to hurry back so they could relieve Hinahoho and Spartos of the burdens they took on while the generals followed their king.

Titus went straight to Magnostadt so he could return to his beloved child who excitedly awaits his arrival. I heard Yunan came just after I was abducted but I never got the chance to visit with him.

Life in the Kou Empire also shifted. The elder brother immediately went back to the piles of paperwork that littered the desk. Kougyoku and Kouha seemed to be more intense about their training for some reason. No one would tell me what happened while I was taken over, but I assume I did something awful to each of them. As for the other siblings, they also went back to their respective duties. Even Judar had changed a bit.

My priest seemed to be taking his job more seriously and he stopped being as cruel. Judar still played pranks on everyone in the palace but he kept the casualties as low as possible.

When all of the princes and princesses had their own jobs and Judar left for other lands, like Sindria or Kai kingdom, I was left with nothing to do. I felt bored and useless. After moving around for a few weeks, I took up small jobs with the maids after my training sessions. I also helped Kouen with filing his paperwork when Koumei was busy.

"How are you feeling these days, Kayla?" Kouen asked me without removing his eyes from a scroll.

"Hm?" I guess I wasn't expecting him to talk to me. "I think I'm okay. Just dealing with some mental things."

"That's not quite what I meant." This time he did look up. His stern glance made me want to duck out of the room.

"Then.. what do you mean, king Kouen?" I played with my fingers to reduce my stress.

He stared. "..Judar can be rash and immature. We've sent him on several missions since the incident with the organization, but that doesn't always tire him out. If you need more time to rest, I'll have the princes keep him out of the palace for you."

I tilted my head to one side. Nothing he was saying made any sense to me. "King Kouen, I appreciate your concern, but Judar isn't bothering me. Why do you think I need rest away from him?"

Kouen looked me up and down before answering. "Princess Kougyoku informed me that you are bearing a child. Proper rest is necessary."

"Guh-" my face felt hot. "I-is that why Judar has been sent on missions? There's no possible way I could be pregnant!"

"Hm.. then let's keep it that way. This palace is full enough with Judar and Kouha's pranks. We don't need another troublemaker running the halls." Kouen took a spill of his tea and then began reading where he left off on his scroll. "You're dismissed. I'll give you a new job tomorrow."

I don't remember how I even made it back to my room, I just ended up there. It's embarrassing to think that every little rumor about Judar and I holds so much weight in the King's decisions.

I plopped onto my bed and nuzzled my face into my pillow. "When will he come back? I miss him."

"Already, Kayla?" A familiar voice chuckled. "It's only been a few days."

"Judar!" I hopped up and wrapped my arms around my magi who flew in through the window. "You're back."

His toned body pressed against my softer one and his red eyes looked only at me. "Yeah, yeah. ..I'm here."

I let go of him and asked, "did you know everyone here thinks I'm pregnant?"

The magi looked wildly taken aback. It was definitely a strange question to ask out of the blue.

"Hahaha!" Judar laughed hard.

"Did you tell people that? That's not funny, Ju Ju!"

He wiped away tears from his eyes. "No I didn't. I guess the maids don't get how awkward you can be."

"Ack-" I exclaimed shocked before rubbing my temples with my finger tips. I kept my voice very quiet. "I'm trying my best, Judar. It's not that I don't-"

"You don't have to explain it to me. I was in your memories, remember?" Actually, I had forgotten that. Nonetheless, I felt better since Judar seemed to understand me.

"I'm exhausted." I halfheartedly slipped under our covers without changing into sleepwear.

"Boohoo. I'm wide awake because of the crazy schedule Kouen has me working now." Judar floated above me and poked my face to keep me conscious.

"Oh right. King Kouen.." I focused on the stitches of our blanket to keep myself alert.

"Something happen while I was gone?" Judar pulled a peach he had stashed away in his scarf and began eating it.

"Not much. He just basically said that if you were away on missions, then I couldn't have your kid."

The magi took a sloppy bit from the fruit and spoke, "yeah, that's how it works."

I chuckled softly before saying, "he thinks you and Kouha are enough trouble already."

"That bastard!" Judar looked in disbelief. "Well now we have to make a brat to get back at him."

I was caught in the moment and I wasn't paying attention everything my love said. "Haha whatever you wish, Ju Ju- ....ah no."

The magi was already fired up though. "Heheh. Now I have your word, Kayla." Judar smirked and leaned in to kiss me for the first time in almost a week.

The doors of the room slammed open and Kouha and Kougyoku pinned down Judar and said, "priest, the king requested your presence the moment you entered the Kou!" It ended up being a battle of physical strength of which the magi has hardly any muscle.

The doors to their room were closing, keeping us apart yet again. My magi called, "Kayla, prepare yourself for my return."

"As if we'll let you around Kayla after that!" Kougyoku shouted with a bright red face. "Kakobun take him to our dear brother!"

"Maybe we shouldn't drag the priest to King Kouen, prince Kouha." The servant called down the hall.

With the few minutes of silence I had, I considered everything they had talked about. Would I want children with Judar? Will I even want to stay in the Kou Empire?

"Stupid, Kayla, you already know the answer to those questions." I softly hummed under my breath as I awaited my magi's return.