Chapter 6

Kayla's POV

For the next month on the ship I sparred with the royal siblings and Judar. Usually against Kouha and Kougyoku, I won. When I fought Judar, on the other hand, I usually lost. He was always so hard to read and he was careless. After our battle session we ate lunch together and talked for a couple hours. Kouha and Kougyoku were quickly becoming my family which excited me. I've never had a family before. Judar takes me on little trips on his flying carpet to islands and countries we pass by. He won't admit it but he likes taking me on dates every now and then.

The Kou siblings still kid with my magi everyday about his feelings for me. All I can do is laugh along with them.

We run into very little trouble, but when we do, Kouha always wants to fight. He gets a crazed look on his face and then mercilessly kills the creature.

At night Kougyoku and I drink tea and have girl time in my room. We were excited because this was our last day on the boat until we reached Sindria. She was soon chased out of the room by a selfish magi. "You never spend anytime with me anymore Kayla." The fallen boy pouts.

"What are you talking about Judar? We hung out for half of the day today." He turned away from me, still pouting.

"So what? Now I only get half of you?" A light blush crossed my face.

"Come on Judar, don't make a big deal of it. You know that I care for you." I bent over a bit so I could at least see his flawless face but he turned away from me again. "Judar?" He did it again. "Ju Ju?" I asked playfully.

He swung around. "Hey don't call me that!" His cheeks were pink despite the frown across his face.

"I won't stop if you won't," I crossed my arms and shifted my weight to my right leg. "Ju Ju." I cooed smugly.

"That's it!" He picked me up and slammed me on the bed. He grabbed my wrist and held them in place by my head. His chest was so close to mine that I could feel the rise and fall of it. "Take it back." He said sternly.

"No." I tried to act tough but it's hard to do that when my face is red.

"Take. It. Back." He pressed closer.

"N-no," I looked him in the eye. "Ju Ju."

He stared at me for a moment, then a mischievous grin spread across his face. "You wanted this to happen, didn't you?"

"W-What are you talking about?" I asked, knowing exactly what he meant.

"You wanted me to get on top of you like this." His grin widened.

"No! And besides how would I know what you would-" I was cut off by his lips crashing into mine.

I accidentally let out a small hum. He pulled away from me when he heard it. "See! I knew it!" He grinned with satisfaction and he fell over laughing.

I was a bit irritated by him. "You-you jerk!" I stomped out of the room. "I'm staying with Kougyoku tonight. At least she doesn't make fun of me." As I stepped into the hallway, I felt his fingers wrap around my wrist.

"Come on Kayla. I was kidding." Judar looked at me with a gentle smile, this look was rare for him to wear but I loved it.

"And?" I snapped.

"And..." he tugged on my arm, pulling me into his embrace and kissing me softly. "I want you with me, always. I like you a lot." He said after we pulled away from each other. I could tell he was struggling with his words at the end.

"Yeah," I kissed him again. "I love you too." I spoke just loud enough for him to hear. When I looked back up, he held a look of shock and relief.

He stood up after a time and faced away from me, stretching. "Well we're meeting with King Moron tomorrow so we better get some sleep." I agreed and crawled into our shared bed. That night Judar held me a little closer and a little tighter. I couldn't tell if it was because of our confession or because of our arrival in Sindria, but I liked it.

Next Morning!

I woke up to the birds singing and a sleeping male next to me. I shook my darling magi awake gently. "Good morning sleepy head." He just groaned and complained. I started getting out of bed. "Fine I'll go get your peaches-" I was immediately pulled back down, this time on top of him.

"No." He placed a lazy kisses on my face until finally finding my lips. "Stay here."

"Ju Ju, we need to get up."

"No we don't. Those idiots can come to us if they want to see you so bad." He nuzzled his nose into the crook of my neck and held onto my thighs as he drifted back to sleep.

I smiled to myself and played with his hair. 'I might as well let him sleep for a little while longer.' I tried to stand up and get ready for the day but my love wouldn't let me get up.

"What did I just say about you staying?" He sounded irritated and childish.

"Ju Ju, I need to get dressed-" just then Kouha and Kougyoku swung the door open.

"Hey it's time to go-" Kougyoku's cheerful voice was cut off when she saw me straddling the priest of her country.

"Oh? Did we interrupt something?" Kouha was as smug as ever.

"N-no-"

"Yes you did now beat it!" Judar yelled but the two remained in the doorway. "Why aren't you leaving?!"

"We have to leave soon and meet with King Sinbad and his generals." Kougyoku said behind her hands that were covering her face. "We need you both to get up now and leave." I nodded and my magi groaned.

"Fine." Judar slowly sat up while he continued to hold onto the bottom of my thighs. He stood up to reveal to the Kou kids that he was only wearing his black pants.

"J-Judar... you can put me down now." He just shook his head and kissed my neck sweetly. I blushed terribly and so did the 8th princess, but the prince just stood there gawking.

"You two can leave now." Kougyoku quickly nodded her head and dragged her pervy brother out of the couple's room. "Wanna get me dressed, my dear?" His red eyes stared straight into my pink ones.

"I- um- well I... I'm going to get dressed." I say as I pulled out of his grasp, not answering his question. When I looked at him out of the corner of my eye, I could see him frowning.

Judar quickly got dressed in his normal attire and I changed into a simple, white dress. We walked out of our room and met up with the royal siblings and their respective servants before heading off to the palace to meet with Sinbad.

'I can't wait to see them all again! It's been a long time.'

When we made it to the entrance of the palace something came quickly at my magi.

"Judar look out!"