Chapter 4 - A fight against an old friend

A fight against an old friend

Meliodas' head instantly twisted round to look at you, his eyes searching your face for answers as to why you can addressed this pink haired knight.

The Holy Knight frowned at the nickname, it stirred up many memories in his mind he didn't need reawakened now. With a turn of the knight's sword, you were launched back into the trunk of one of the large trees. 

Your head snapped back and hit the wood with a painful crack and you gasped for air as the force knocked the oxygen from your lungs, then the pain intensified as the electric bindings seemed to absorb through your skin and ripple through your body. You screamed as tears rose to your eyes as the volts vibrated and sparked under your clothes, rendering you a violently shaking mess against the tree.

Meliodas yelled your name and you slammed your hand over your own mouth, shaking your head at him as you squeezed your other hand so tight your fingernails cut through your palm. Meliodas' arms remained in his pockets, he turned back around to glare at the knight .

Diane looked down at you fearfully, but, like the captain, doesn't move while you clasp your now bloody hand over top of the other, preventing you from screaming. I can't be a distraction to them if they want to beat Gilthunder. His power has grown greatly since I last interacted with him.

What happened to him? Hot tears trickled down over your fingers from your eyes as you stared desperately , he was such a sweet little boy.

The knight, Gilthunder, had his eyes closed. His eyebrow twitching at hearing the strain in your voice as you whimpered. It felt like torture to him, having been the one to cause you this amount of pain, but as his fingers tensed and recoiled from his sword, he felt the watching presence of the dark, unseen figure overhead.

Just as he began to advance towards Meliodas, Elizabeth screamed.

"Gilthunder! Why are you doing this?"

"You know this guy Elizabeth?" At this point the sin of wrath couldn't care less what the princess had to say, but finally let his voice sound felt like he was releasing a buildup of acid from his throat. He could see you writhing against the tree in the corner of his eye and it made his skin crawl. Anger flooded down to his forearms and turned his hands to fists.

"He served my father as one of his Holy Knights! He took care of me like I was his very own sister!"

Diane huffed from her nose, blah blah princess. The giant turned her gaze to Meliodas, even though he was facing away from her eyes cast red at the pink-haired knight. Come on Captain, let me break these lightning shackles so I can kill this guy hurting my best friend!

You bit down on your tongue, feeling the tender pink muscle almost tear as you refused to let your voice take over with the shriek it was so desperately trying to let out. Lightning, it burned like touching the sunlight at the top of the atmosphere, it felt like molten white sparks, flickering across and down your chest and throat.

"You're the one who also stopped the water in Vanya, aren't you?"

Elizabeth gasped at the audacity of Meliodas' remark, "Sir Meliodas! What a terrible thing to say, of course he didn't-"

"Princess" Gilthunder's voice was low and dark, not an inch of emotion across his whole face, "your safety is the kingdom's top priority, I realise this. But I have no interest in saving you, or anything to do with helping you on your useless crusade. So stand aside."

He waved his arm and her electric bonds released around the princess, she quickly relaxed her stance though her face turned sour and sad. The pig was beginning to smoke as it rolled around wailing, trying to choke the electricity out in the dirt, "Waa I can't take it anymore!"