Chapter 39

Welcome back, Elaine!

"Are you sure you want to go alone?" You asked, as you were all gathered around to the main room in the Boar Hat tavern.

King had decided to find Diane himself, while the rest of the party travelled to find Escanor.

Something felt off, he'd told you the previous night that Helbram had came to him in his helmet and told him the forces of nature had seemed to be turning in the Fairy Forest. Still unsure, you shook your head, "I've made up my mind, I'm going too... but not to the forest". You pulled on your slippers, hopping between your feet as you headed for the door as well.

"Lady (Y/n), you're really leaving?" Elizabeth said sadly, her pale pink lips curled downwards in a delicate frown. You booped her nose with your finger and laughed.

"I wont be gone too long, but there is something I need to take care of" You tied your hair up behind your head. "Merlin, if you please, I need you to teleport me here" You handed her a piece of paper, you had seen it in your dream and knew this was where you needed to go.

The blue-haired female rested her head against her fist and unfolded the parchment, "of course".

Meliodas was sitting at one of the empty bar tables, sipping on his beer and whimpering grumpily. You giggled and wandered over to the Captain, leaning your chest against his back and sliding your hands down his chest, "now don't miss me too much Meliodas". You rocked his cheek and his frown softened, but he still refused to look at you.

"You're really leaving (Y/n)?" Arthur frowned, his mesmerising purple eyes shaking, "please don't go".

"Oh my sweet baby" You cried out and tackled him to the ground in a crushing hug, "please don't cry I won't be gone too long I swear!"

Arthur's arms locked around your waist, pinning you against him as he began to sob quietly.

"(Y/n), off you go, come on" Merlin waved her arm and you fell through a portal where Arthur used to be, disappearing from your familiar landscape as you landed in the middle of a grassy field.

You pulled yourself together, wiped the tears from under your eyes, and looked around at the grassy hill you were standing on.

A scream sounded and you spun around to see Jericho tackled to the ground by what looked to be an undead villager, "must be the commandment's work" you whispered as you looked around.

There you spotted him. Ban was sitting on the chest of a much larger zombie, poking it in its rotting face while he mumbled something boredly. You were about to run up to him when you noticed the portal growing behind Jericho as she stood up.

Found you...

In a flash, you appeared between the dark magical hands creepy out of the portal to block a magical attack about to be made against an unsuspecting Jericho.

"Obliteration" You spoke clearly, and the glow over the hands disappeared, and a figure fell out of it. You caught Elaine in your arms and fell back onto the grass, crushing Jericho under both of you as you laughed. "I sensed you were back, but you feel different" You said to the blonde as she lifted her head up to look at you with her startling gold eyes.

"(Y/-- (Y/n)?" She stammered, her small hands reaching up to caress your cheek and chin to make sure you were real. When she was sure, she cried out and buried her face between your breasts as you patted her hair.

"El-Elaine? (Y/n)?" You heard Ban's voice and looked up to see him leaning above you, his red orbs wide with shock, "am I dreaming?"

You reached up and pinched his cheek, "I sure hope not~"