Chapter 20

The Headless Monster

You patted Gowther's shoulder as he seemed to drift off into thought, he shook his bright pink hair and blinked at you, then his gaze turned to the leader of the Roars of Dawn, "could you leave him be? Please"

Your skin seemed to jitter under the dark, looming aura the armoured creature gave you, doubled over slightly above yourself and Gowther.

It roared fiercely and you clutched your hands over your ears.

The Roars of Dawn flinched and rose their weapons, Gowther pulled on the bottom of his jumper, "after seeing his magical powers first-hand... do you still think you can defeat him?"

The main Holy Knight, a long haired muscular fella with an ominous mask concealing his whole face, cracked his neck, "we can defeat him".

One of the female Knights, who clutched her long sword between her cuffed hands, nodded to her captain, "of course two... no, one of the Roars of Dawn is certain to die" her eyes grew narrow with anger, "but we're also certain to get his head".

"Such cool judgement" Gowther established himself into the conversation again, nudging you aside gently so you stumbled out of the shadow of the armour, "then I have no choice".

In an almost flash of movement, Gowther's bare hand had sliced the head off the armour clean off, and caught the helmet upright on his steady hand. Meliodas jumped over in front of you, both of you in shock. Even Ban and King were astounded at the action, had Gowther not wanted to protect it a second ago?

"What? What's the meaning of this?" The Roars of Dawn captain sunk his shoulders, standing opposite the strange sin of lust.

"Its the most peaceful way of resolving this" the pink-haired boy continued, "a three way battle between the sins and angel, the armoured giant, and you roars of dawn would only end in your decimation".

"Are you sure about this Captain Slater?!" The Holy Knight female called to the long-haired knight, he moved to take the giant's helmet and clutched it to his chest.

"No comments from the peanut gallery" He waved his arm and his team began to leave, "I like you, Goat Sin of Lust, Gowther". He leapt up over some trees out of the clearing, "bye bye!"

Gowther waved "bye bye!", he reached to grab your hand to get you to wave too. This certainly seemed like the same Gowther, but he's less curious than he used to be...

"EEK!" You jumped into Meliodas' arms as the beheaded monster in the armour began to move, drawing itself sluggishly to its feet, the armour falling off of it. Underneath, the beast had several more scary faces bursting out of its chest, and its long arms turned into hands with hands on each massive figure, "what the hell is that!?"

Your face turned white and you held onto Meliodas tightly hoping he might protect you from this creepy thing, this creature is so freaky looking!

"(Y/n) itd.. okay" Meliodas' voice was muffled as his face was forced against one of your boobs in your death grip on his face.

"It smells like it could've been human once" Gowther's glasses turned white under the glare as he looked up at the horrifying creature.

"What part of that is human?!" You shrieked back. Ban walked over to you and patted your hair to try to comfort you, Meliodas kneed the sin of greed in the thigh to keep him away.

"So this thing used to be a Holy Knight?" Meliodas crossed his arms as you stood beside him, patting yourself down now that you were a little less skittish.