Chapter 22

I missed you too, Meliodas

(12+ years ago)

"Duck!" Meliodas swept a fist over the small orange-haired boy's head, "good" he blocked the punch the boy threw at him as they sparred on the cliffside.

The little boy swept his foot under Meliodas' feet to try to knock him to the ground, but the sin was too quick, catching himself on his hands and locking his feet under the boy's armpits. "Ah!" The boy yelped as the blonde threw him up into the air on his feet, flipping upright to catch him in his arms.

The sin of wrath grinned, "Sate, sate, sate. You're getting pretty good Arthur" he set the boy down and ruffled his hair.

"You think so?" The boy smiled cheekily, flexing an imaginary muscle, "I'm so gonna be as strong as you one day dad!"

Meliodas tossed him a wooden sword which the boy caught clumsily, but managing not to drop it as the elder boy held another pointing at him.

"Swords now?" The boy smirked with pretty baby teeth, as pearly and bright as the foam on the crystal seas.

"Unless you don't think you can handle it, my boy" Meliodas turns the sword to the side in mid-air, a joyful expression on his handsome face.

"I'll never back down from a challenge!" Arthur clutched his wooden sword and rose it to a defensive position, his opposition smiled and nodded.

"Don't let Meliodas use his Full Counter!" "Cut them down directly using your weapons!" "Watch out for the angel! If she uses a weapon get out of the line of fire! She's bloody deadly!"

The Holy Knights were shouting as all four of you bolted towards the castle, with new found energy. But, still recovering after your past Mach 1 flight, you were unable to move more than an arm or two. You clung to Ban's back in a piggy-back as he struck down the Holy Knight's lazily.

"Don't think you can beat us without using your magic. Idiots" He glanced back at you occasionally, noticing strain on your face.

"I wonder what was emitting all that magical power on the other side of the South Gate" Gowther ducked under a fatal sword blow and sent a bolt of pink lightning into the Holy Knight's chest.

You drew yourself up onto your forearms, too weak to reach out to that power... Merlin. It must be. You brought Arthur here of all places? What are you up to? Ban continued to walk and strike down behind the captain who was metres ahead of you, fighting mercilessly. You waved your arm, "...Wind... Walker".

The earth seemed to shake beneath the battlefield as the colossal beast crawled out from the new crack in the earth. It let out a tremendous roar and bolted across the hard dirt, killing many Holy Knights in its line of sight. Teeth and claws dripping with the blood of bad knights.

"We need to get Elizabeth... and my sword! Then we can look for that power" Meliodas looked back to you with that last sentence, determination in his green eyes. You found yourself nodding once in response.

"The Wind Walker will take care of the Holy Knights, we should just try to get past and into the castle" You clutched onto the top of Ban's shoulders, your small body pressed against his back.

Gowther, Meliodas, and Ban all agreed and you maneuvered between the striking Holy Knights towards the castle gate.

"Ok... we've made it into the city thanks to Gowther's weird mind control power on those idiots" Ban was bent double as you all crawled along beside a short rock wall, trying to remain hidden. Most of your strength had returned, and while you left the Wind Walker outside the castle gate, you withdrew your wings and pinched your ring.