Chapter 43

It's been far too long
"Well" You blinked blankly, "that didn't take long". You patted Escanor's arm as you looked at the stone statue of Galland, who'd tried to run away from him in their fight "nice work Escanor".

In a puff of smoke, the regular, rather wimpy Escanor returned, blushing bashfully. "Oh shucks Miss (Y/n), just doing what needed done". 

Melascula was long gone, choosing to leave amongst the action rather than facing the wrath of this strange sun-fueled man. Ban had gone straight into the cellar to check on Jericho and Elaine, but you had other things on your mind.

Clutching the torn fabric flush against your chest as your seeping central wound let out more and more precious red oxygen, you stuck your other fingers into your mouth and whistled blindly. In a piercing sound that broke several of Escanor's glasses, the tune almost reached a pitch unheard by the human ear, and it was a this point, that a green-spotted dog emerged.

"Oslo!" You grinned and ruffled the strange creatures algae-green mane, "if you're up for it, I'd like you to take me back to Arthur and Meliodas, think you can do that for me?"

The dog barked cheerfully and began to grow as it opened its large portal-ing jaws to your waiting body. Before you stepped in, you carefully tossed your gaze to Escanor.

"I have to go, but I'm sure we'll meet up again sometime in the near future" You smiled warmly, "think you can keep an eye on those rascals in there?"

"Send my love to Merlin, I'll ensure they're kept safe" The man said with a jolly look, scratching his cheek nosily, "don't you worry (Y/n)".

With that, you waved and Oslo jumped over your head, swallowing you whole so you fell straight through the fairy creature's portal and out onto a patch of soft green grass.

You hit the ground with a thud, landing straight on your tailbone with your legs drooped out straight, much like how a doll might sit. 

"(Y/)-(Y/n)?" You heard a welcome voice stutter and looked over your shoulder to see two sets of sparkling eyes, one a violent purple, the other an eradecent green. They both appeared to have been walking up a dirt path carved out along through the grass. There were large stone walls up on all sides, but all naturally formed, like some sort of jungle maze.

"Arthur!" You had to brace yourself as much as possible as the King of Camelot leapt onto you and rolled almost three times through the grass with you in his embrace. "Oh you have no idea how much I've missed you!!" He pressed his soft lips against your temple as it was the closet skin he could find, before snuggling you to his side once more.

"I missed you so much" You had to whisper, afraid if you used up any more energy you might just pass out right there, and Arthur was so warm... and soothing... Your arms were weak around his strong shoulders and your legs wrapped their way around his hips to pull him closer. All the while slipping further and further away as your combined angelic abilities were forcing 'Angel Sleep' upon yourselves.

"Sate sate sate" Meliodas rolled his eyes cheerfully as he strutted over to the two of you, "all love for kings and not dragons hm my loving maiden?" He reached for your hand as you clawed up to touch his fingers with your free arm.

In an effort that seemed needing of no strength at all, he pulled you right off the grass, out of Arthur's embrace and into his arms in one smooth motion. The second your arms were pinned between your bodies and your head once again could rest in the safe place that was his shoulder, you finally closed your eyes.