Chapter 40

Thieves and Fliers

"Galand..." 

Your voice hung in the air with a distilling monotone as you spun your wrist and conjured one of your holy weapons, Soul Splitter (as shown above), into your hand. The demon mocking Ban turned on his metal heels to face you, a clown-like grin stretched onto his helmet. 

"Heads up"

With a flick of your fingers, the floating double-edged scythe turned into a blur as it cut right up the side of the Commandment of Truth. Galand shrieked and was thrown backwards, smashing into a nearby bolder as steam rose off his body. Your weapon returned to your side and reduced the speed of its rotation, you were now directly across from Melascula. 

"What.. tired eyes you have, (Y/n)" Melascula taunted from the safe centre of her ominous demonic void, her toes didnt even touch the ground, lace traced up her pale body like some sort of innocence entrapment. Without her demonic snake around her, Melascula could've been an angel.

"Unlike yours Melascula, void of all love" Your wings released from your back in one smooth motion, your feathers entering your peripheral vision either side of you. "What kind of person brings back only the people who hate enough to walk dead?"

"A compantent one" She replied gently, "a killer one..."

"ONE STROKE!"

A thunderous crack boomed through the earth and the hilltop you were on split it two between your legs. As you turned tail to look behind you, Galand had struck his halberd right through Ban's chest. Cutting him straight from his shoulder to his opposite hip, he was in two...

Melascula made good of the small time you were distracted and her dark force whipped out to strike you in the side of the head, knocking you metres as you rolled and fell.

Faintly, you heard her sickly-sweet, quiet voice, "Galand... there was something I still wanted to ask him".

"HE'S JUST A SMALL FRY! AY I GET TO CARRY (Y/n) BACK RIGHT?! KEE HEE HAW!!"

Refusing to be kidnapped again, you managed to push yourself up by your forearms, your head pulsing painfully. You could barely pick up details because your eyes were watering so much from the force of Melascula's throw.

"AY SHE'S UP!" Galand jumped off one of his feet and landed heavily in front of you, grabbing the back of your hair roughly in his fist and tugging up ferociously.

"OW!" You cried out and your hands instantly went up past your ears to try to remove his hand from your mess of (H/c) hair.

"Well would you look at that~" Your eyes snapped open as you heard Ban's voice from somewhere behind you, "after all your rutting on about your crush on (Y/n), you're really bold enough to mistreat her? And... in front of me?" 

Galand screamed as Ban's nun-chucks calved over the back of his armored plating and knocked him over your head. In the strike, he released your hair and your heavy skull hit the ground.

"How are you still alive?" 

"I'm Ban the Undead... no one can kill me"

"Hmm... Meliodas has good taste. Are all the Seven Deadly Sins rare specimens like you?"

"Maybe.."

Melascula smiled as one of her spiked tentacles of energy staked right down through the main covert (main muscle) in your wing. The heartbreaking sound you made in fright as blood began to pool out of your wound deafened the thoughts of the demon in front of you.