Chapter 7

Memories of the past

Meliodas shakes his head at the fox sin, but he chuckles, his shoulders shaking in response to the bad joke. You get back on your feet and pull the loose tie from around your neck off, tossing it to the ground.

Diane gently sets down the doctor's daughter, who she identified as "Sennett" and stood up. "I guess we're heading back to town now" The giant poked her lip.

The captain nodded and scratched the back of his neck as they all began to walk back through the destroyed landscape towards the town. You stick your fingers in your mouth and let out a high whistle. The Wind Walker's magnificent face lifts up from behind the prison and runs to you in elegant strides, the ground thundering beneath its weight. Diane squeals in joy and cuddles the creature's long furry neck.

As they walked back, the townspeople began to exit their houses to see what was going on, "People are coming this way from the prison!"

"That's Sennett!"

"And look! The men who were locked up for resisting the Holy Knights!"

You laced your hands together in front of you as you walked back, your throat hadn't started healing yet and when you tried to swallow, you realise there was no saliva left in your mouth. "Um Ban" you said quietly.

The tall sin craned his neck over to you as you walked, "Yes Miss?"

"I um... got my throat burned in a fight against a Holy Knight" you pause and bit your pink lip, "it hasn't healed yet, I don't think I can heal it myself right now".

Before you had even finished, Ban had torn his wrist open with his sharp canine teeth and let his rich red blood drip down in front of you, "there you go" he smiled with narrow eyes.

You gulped and held out your hands to catch the blood in your palms. Once you had gathered a small amount, you lifted your arms and poured the warm liquid down your aching throat.

Within seconds, you could heal his immortal blood beginning to wipe away the burns clean and you sighed contently, finally able to feel your tongue again.

Meliodas heard the whole conversation from walking in front of you both, his hands in his pockets as Hawk went on about something he didn't care to listen to. He smiled, hearing that you were healed, but was still a little on edge at the fact you had to consume Ban's blood in order to be well again.

As you reached Dr Dana's house, Diane gently set down her bag and opened it up, revealing the princess lying atop Diane's spare set of clothes.

Meliodas leaned over to look inside, "Elizabeth, how are you feeling?"

She moaned quietly as she woke up, "Sir Meliodas? Lady Diane?" She blinked again as you lent over, "Lady (Y/n), are you all alright? What about Sir Ban".

You smile at her, "I'm fine, thank you Princess"

"Ban and Sennett are with us now" The captain confirmed.

Ban was standing next to the building pushing the Wild Walker's face backwards as its massive body would likely smash through several houses if it tried to get to you. You found this quite amusing as Hawk was walking next to Ban screaming words to the beast such as, "Get a move on lanky! We don't need you messing up the town with your big feet!" The beast made a sad sound in its throat, being so separated from you, and sat down just outside the town. Hundreds of people gathered around to look at it, children even having to be held down by their parents so they didn't try to climb up on it.