Chapter 16

The True Power of the Fallen Angel

As you and the others split up, Meliodas reached out to take you back, but the sin of greed refused and stalked off with you in his palm.

You looked up at the blue-haired man and frowned, "everything ok?"

"I don't see why the cap'n thinks he's always got to have his hands on you" he raises an eyebrow, "I know I'm not allowed to pry. But I was curious about what exactly that old bastard Cain had been talking about".

You bite your lip and look down at the ground, your knuckles white as you clutched the fabric of your tiny 'dress'. "I guess I haven't really talked about our past".

Ban noticed you seemed uncomfortable and blew a waft of warm air onto your hair, causing you to shiver but it was a nice feeling, "again, as long as he didn't hurt you, I wont ask again".

"No, he never did" you looked up at him and smiled. His smirk re-emerged as he saw another one of the exploding plumes of gas rocket into a nearby house, demolishing it to bits, "wow - they sure like being flashy".

Something made Ban's ears twitched and he leaned briskly to the side as something shot at him, but he misjudged and spat as a sword went right through his chest, throwing him into a cobblestone wall. You were cast away from his hand in the chaos and your wings flung out of your small back, equal proportion to your body to hold yourself in the air.

The attacker, a pale-purple haired woman in full Holy Knight armour, looked Ban up and down with greedy, black eyes "I've missed you". She turned the sword violently, Ban yelled in pain, "did that hurt?"

Ban's tongue lolled out happily, looking like a feral dog "now this is a festival!" he snickered evilly into the woman's face, "have we met before?"

"My name is Jericho" The Holy Knight's eyes were rid of all compassion, of all emotion it seemed, "I was the apprentice you humiliated in Baste Prison".

You flew slightly to one side to catch Ban's eye, your fist to your lip, "humiliated? Ban?"

Ban grinned and chuckled maniacally, "ohhh, your that barber boy". He rested his head back against the stone, "so you should remember then. I'm immortal". 

With that, his foot rose up and kicked the Knight square in the stomach, sending her flying away from him, her sword drawn with her. The sin of greed looked down at the hole in his chest, you saw it too. There's too much blood, is it not healing? 

Jericho regained her stance quickly, "you may be one of the Seven Deadly sins, but your no match for my Reactor". She lifted her blade again to strike, "I hate to do this, but try to dodge!-"

"I think not" You said darkly, now hovering between the knight and the sin, your ringed hand raised to the Holy Knight, "don't even think of hurting my Banzy".

"Your Banzy?" Ban said slyly, feeling a little confident at the odd, possessiveness of your remark.

You scoffed at him and reached your other hand to hold your ring between two opposing fingers, "I hate to hurt you too, you seem fun". Slowly, you begin to draw the power-locking Stardust ring up your finger, "but I don't have time for your games".

"Are you sure your body can handle it right now (Y/n)?" Ban wiped a line of dark red from under his lip as he brushed the dirt of his jacket, even he was unaware of just how much power you possessed.

"I'm sure I can take it"

"(Y/n)..." Jericho growled, her sword ready at the end of her poised arm, "so your that fallen angel, I must say... your much smaller than I expected" she snarled with a grin.