Chapter 8

Devyn's POV

He opens the door and walks outside, I catch a glimpse of the man from earlier and back myself up against the wall. Then there's shouting outside, I flinch as the door flings open. Jack has the man by his collar, dragging him in and pushing him against the wall, gun to his head.

"you're the one who hurt her?"He growls,

"y..y..yes b..but-"

"shut it, Tom! what kind of excuse could you ever dream of that meant it was fine to hurt Devyn, to blackmail her and then think hahaha you'd get away with it?!"He bellows, giggles slipping through,

Tom goes to speak but Jack smacks him in the face with the gun, "apologize to her, look her in the face and fucking say you shouldn't have done it that you were wrong!" 

Tom hesitates and gulps, "I..I'm s..sorry Devyn...I was w..wrong...a..a..and I shouldn't of d..done it."

I just nod and look away, 

"Is that acceptable Doll?"Jack asks me, 

"Yeah.."I nod, 

Quickly Jack spins him and the other man, slamming him up against the wall by his throat. The shorter man whimpers and shakes, 

"Now..you listen uh here Tom, you do not go near her, touch her or even look at her, otherwise haha I'm gonna shoot ya! got it?!"

Tom frantically nods, 

"I want to hear you say it!"

"I..I got it Joker" He stammers, 

"Good. now get outta here!"He shouts, 

I flinch back, curling up on the bed. It dips as Jack sits on the edge, 

"Can I see the bruises?"He asks, 

Sitting up and uncurling my body I look at him and tuck my hair behind each ear, showing the bruise to the bottom of my right eye socket and the fingerprint bruises around my neck. Jack's face shows an emotion I've seen on him before, almost like sadness. He lifts his hand but I don't flinch, not this time. Jack's hand was gentle and smooth as it ran across each bruise, taking care to put no pressure down. I close my eyes and relax into him, he stops but cups a hand around my cheek. Only then do I open my eyes, he too was relaxed and his face wasn't tight with stress or worry. I shouldn't pity him because of all the crimes he's committed. He's hurt so many people, I don't know what is different with me. Is this just an act? Will he eventually change and decide he's bored and hurt me or kill me? I don't know. But I'm determined to try to help him regardless if this fails I know it will be my fault. 

"You never answered my question.."I whisper, 

"What was that darling?"

I look at his face and place one of my hands over his hand, 

"Will you let me heal you?" I breathed, 

He tensed up a little but I was not letting him run. As he tried to pull his hand away I held it in both of mine, stroking over the top of his hand with my thumb, 

"Don't shut me out, you don't need to act around me, I want you to be comfortable and relaxed"

He stared at me blankly, it made me nervous but I kept a gentle smile on my face. 

"why?"He blurts, 

"Because I can see it, that you're tired, you're constantly keeping an act up around anyone and everyone, never having a break, and I want to give you that chance, that little piece of relaxation"