Chapter 4-A New Home

We are now at Josh's house and Maddie goes inside.

Josh: You've been gone for two weeks, so the place is a mess... You do the housework, the washing, you cook the meals, and you take care of... Goddamit! Where the fuck's the brat gone now? BELLE! BELLE! Oh, there you are... That's Belle. You look after her, homework, bath, all that crap... Got it?

Maddie: Yes, Josh.

Josh: Get started down here, then you do upstairs.

Josh goes into the living room.

Josh: TV on. 

Josh gets a phone call and answers it.

Josh: Yeah? Maybe... Depends on what you need... Yeah, yeah, I can get that. Yeah, yeah, I'll bring it tomorrow. Yes, same place, you know, you know where. Right.

Maddie starts doing the dishes.

Josh: Maddie!

Maddie: Yes, Josh?

Josh: Bring me a cold beer!

Maddie: Right away.

Josh: Oh man.

Maddie activates the vacuum. Josh starts yelling at Belle.

Josh: Belle! You better stop that right now! Why is she always pushin' me? Always pushin'...

Maddie goes out to the garden to get Josh's laundry. Before she goes back inside, Maddie talks to Belle about her game.

Maddie: You look bored. Would you like to play a game?

Maddie goes back inside to wash Josh's laundry and finds Red Ice in the laundry Detergent.

Josh: You shouldn't mess around with my stuff. It makes me nervous...

Maddie: I'm sorry, Josh...

Josh: You stay the fuck outta my business, unless you wanna piss me off... You wanna piss me off?

Maddie: No, Josh.

Maddie talks to Belle when she is beside of the window. She talks about Belle's toy.

Maddie: That's a pretty toy... What's its name?

After doing all of the chores downstairs. Maddie asks Josh if she can go upstairs.

Maddie: I've made a good start down here. I'll head upstairs. 

Josh: Do what you have to do but stop botherin' me.

Maddie goes upstairs and cleans Josh's room. Maddie looks at the TV.

Michael Webb - Channel 16: And now to sports. First up, basketball: as the Buckeyes prepare for their critical match with Denver tonight at the CyberLife Arena in Newark, league negotiations are still on-going over the possibility of allowing one android player per squad. Debate rages as to whether the change would lead to more exciting matches, or be the first step in making human players obsolete. CyberLife has announced its willingness to participate in the experiment by providing one specialized model to every team. Now, androids are already used to train players and provide tactical advice for coaches since 2035, but no android player has been permitted to compete, so far. 

Michael Brinkley - CTN TV: Another 225,000 jobs were lost from the U.S Economy in October, according to the Department of Labor, bringing the unemployment figure up to 37.3%.

Rosanna Cartland - KNC: President Warren spoke today at the opening of a new CyberLife plant near Milwaukee. At the event, the President again praised CyberLife's role in the exceptional performance of the US economy. She further announced that the Department of Defense will acquire 200,000 android combat units as part of her increased military spending.

After cleaning Josh's room on her way to Belle's room. Maddie runs into Josh.

Josh: Watch it.

Maddie goes into Belle's room.

Maddie: I just want to tidy up your room a little. I only need two minutes. Is that okay, Belle?

Maddie sees a book open on the floor.

Maddie: Beauty and the Beast... of course...

Maddie talks with Belle. Maddie is friendly with Belle.

Maddie: I'm sure we used to be friends before I was reset. Maybe we can be friends again.

After cleaning Belle's room. Maddie talks with Belle again. Maddie says that she is happy that Belle choose her name.

Maddie: Your father said you chose my name. Maddie, it's nice. How did you choose it?

Maddie asks Belle about her interests.

Maddie: You should tell me about yourself, what you like to do, where you like to go, your favorite foods... That would really help me.

Maddie then decides to leave Belle alone. Belle goes downstairs and Maddie follows.

Maddie: Okay. I can see you want some space. I'll leave you alone...

When Maddie gets downstairs. Josh is yelling at Belle.

Josh: What are you doing?

Belle: I... I'm playing...

Josh: You're playing... I know what you're thinking... You think your dad's a lowlife... Huh? Fucking loser?.. Can't get a job, take care of his family? Don't you think I tried to make things work? But whatever I do, when someone comes along they just FUCK IT ALL UP! I know what you think of me... You hate me... You hate me don't you?... SAY IT! YOU HATE ME! God what am I doing? I'm sorry honey, I'm sorry... I'm sorry... You know I love you, don't you?... You know I love you...