Chapter 24- Public Enemy

Sean is in Pride garden with Clementine. 

Clementine: Hello, Sean. I thought you might enjoy a little cruise... I love this place... Everything is so calm and peaceful... Far from the noise of the world... Tell me, what have you discovered?

Sean: My relationship with Lieutenant Fischbach is problematic. He continues to struggle with psychological issues... I suspect it clouds his judgement regarding deviants. 

Clementine: Nothing matters more than your investigation. What's happening is too important. Don't let Fischbach or anyone else get in your way.

Sean: I found two deviants at the Eden Club... I hoped to learn something but... they managed to escape... 

Clementine: That's too bad... You seemed so close to stopping them. You seem...lost, Sean. Lost and perturbed...

Sean: I thought I knew what I had to do...but now I realize it's not that simple..

Clementine: You had your gun trained on those deviants at the Eden Club. Why didn't you shoot?

Sean: I don't know... I don't know.

Clementine: If your investigation doesn't make progress soon, I may have to replace you, Sean...

Sean: I understand.

Clementine: Something's happening... Something serious. Hurry, Sean. Time is running out.

Sean is in the elevator to the 79th floor of the stadium. 

Mark: You're starting to piss me off with that coin, Sean. 

Sean: Sorry, Lieutenant.

Elevator: 79th floor.

Chris: Hi, Mark. 

Mark: Shit, what's going on here? There was a party and nobody told me about it? 

Chris: Yeah, it's all over the news, so everybody's butting their nose in... Even the FBI wants a piece of the action... 

Mark: Ah Christ, now we got the Feds on our back... I knew this was gonna be a shitty day... So what do we got? 

Chris: A group of four androids... They knew the building, and they were very well organized. I'm still trying to figure out how they got this far without being noticed.

Cop 1: The fuck is the FBI doing here? 

Cop 2: You kidding me? This is homeland security. I'm glad they're on it.

Cop 1: You check the roof? 

Cop 2: Not yet. There's so much to look at. 

Cop 1: Have to make sure we check it out.

Cop 1: Has forensics turned up anything? 

Cop 2: I'll check in with them. 

Cop 1: These fucking androids don't even leave any DNA...

Chris: They attacked two guards in the hallway...They probably thought the androids were coming to do maintenance. They got taken down before they could react... One of the station employees managed to get away. He's in shock, not sure when we'll be able to talk to him...

Mark: How many people were working here? 

Chris: Just two employees and three androids. The deviants took the humans hostage and broadcast their message live. They made their getaway from the roof. 

Mark: The roof? 

Chris: Yeah, they jumped with parachutes... We're still trying to figure out where they landed, but the weather's not helping... If you want to take a look at the video broadcast by the deviants, it's on that screen over there.

Chris: Oh Lieutenant, this is Special Agent De Santa from the FBI. Lieutenant Fischbach is in charge of investigating for Newark police. 

De Santa: What's that? 

Sean: My name is Sean. I'm the android sent by CyberLife. 

De Santa: Androids investigating androids, huh? You sure you want an android hanging around?.. After everything that happened... Whatever, the FBI will take over the investigation, you'll soon be off the case. 

Mark: Pleasure meeting you. Have a nice day. 

De Santa: And you watch your step. Don't fuck up my crime scene. 

Mark: What a fuckin' prick! 

Chris: I'll be nearby. If you need anything, just ask. 

Mark: Uh, let's have a look around... Let me know if you find anything. 

Sean: Ok, Lieutenant.

Cop: Sean?.. You remember me? I was on that terrace... That android that took the little girl hostage? I was shot, you saved me...

Sean: I remember you. 

Cop: I could have died on that terrace... But you saved my life... I never thought I'd say this to an android, but... Thank you...

Sean: They didn't break in? 

Chris: No, no sign of forced entry. 

Sean: There are cameras in the hallway. The staff would have seen what was happening... Why did they let them in? 

Mark: Maybe they didn't check the cameras... 

Chris: We stored the station androids in the kitchen. There's no evidence that they were involved but we didn't know what else to do with them.

Mark: Think that's the director? 

Sean: Deviants say the director will set them free. This android seems to have that objective. 

Mark: D'you see something? 

Sean: I identified its model and serial number... 

Mark: Anything else I should know? 

Sean: No. Nothing.

Sean goes up to the roof.

Mark: They made their way up through the whole building, past all the guards and jumped off the roof with parachutes... Pretty fucking impressive I'd say. How'd they manage to smuggle in a big bag like that? 

Sean: They didn't... Someone brought it in for them.

Mark: Oh, that's strange... They planned a perfect operation but got the number of parachutes wrong. 

Sean: Unless one of the deviants was left behind.

Cop 1: Take cover! 

Sean: You have to stop them! If they destroy it, we won't learn anything! 

Mark: We can't save it, it's too late! We'll just get ourselves killed! Sean! Sean you all right? Sean! 

Sean: Okay... 

Mark: Are you hurt? 

Sean: I'm ok... 

Mark: Jesus! You scared the shit outta me... For fuck sake, I told you not to move! Why do you never do what I say? 

Sean: I was connected to its memory...when it fired... I felt it die... Like I was dying. I was scared... I saw something, in its memory...a word...painted on a piece of rusty metal..."White Field".