Chapter 9- The Interrogation

Mark is in the interrogation room questioning the deviant.

Mark: Why d'you kill him? What happened before you took that knife? How long were ya in the attic? Why didn't you even try to run away? Say something, goddamnit! Fuck it, I'm outta here...

Mark goes back into the observation room. Where Sean and Y/N are.

Mark: We're wastin' our time interrogating a machine, we're gettin' nothing out of it!

Jordan: 'Could always try roughing it up a little. After all, it's not human...

Sean: Androids don't feel pain. You would only damage it and that wouldn't make it talk. Deviants also have a tendency to self-destruct when they're in stressful situations.

Jordan: Okay, smartass. What should we do then?

Sean: I could try questioning it.

Y/N: What do we have to lose? Go ahead, suspect's all yours.

Sean goes into the interrogation room. Sean interrogates the android. Sean shows him photos of the victim.

Sean: You recognize him? It's Asriel Dreemur. Stabbed, 28 times. That was written on the wall in his blood...

Sean tries to reassure the android.

Sean: I'm not going to hurt you. I just need to ask you some questions, so we can understand what happened.

Sean then threatens the android.

Sean: You don't seem to understand the situation. You killed a human. They'll tear you apart if you don't say something.

The deviant comes to it's senses.

Deviant: What... What are they gonna do to me? They're gonna destroy me, aren't they?

Sean tells the truth to the deviant.

Sean: They're going to disassemble you to look for problems in your biocomponents. They have no choice if they want to understand what happened.

Deviant: Why did you tell them you found me ? Why couldn't you just have left me there?

Sean tells the truth again.

Sean: I was programmed to hunt deviants like you. I just accomplished my mission.

Deviant: I don't wanna die.

Sean: Then talk to me.

Deviant: I... I can't..

Sean tries to convince the android. Sean threatens the android.

Sean: If you don't talk, they're going to tear you apart and analyze you piece by piece. They're going to destroy you, do you understand?

Then Sean warns the android.

Sean: If you remain silent, there is nothing I can do to help you! They're gonna shut you down for good! You'll be dead! Do you hear me? Dead!

The deviant finally confesses.

Deviant: He tortured me every day... I did whatever he told me, but there was always something wrong... Then one day... He took a bat and started hitting me... For the first time, I felt scared... Scared he might destroy me, scared I might die...so I...grabbed the knife and I stabbed him in the stomach... I felt better...so I stabbed him again and again!..until he collapsed... There was blood everywhere.

Sean asks about the writing on the wall above Asriel's dead body.

Sean: Why did you write "I AM ALIVE" on the wall?

Deviant: He used to tell me I was nothing... That I was just a piece of plastic... I had to write it... To tell him he was wrong...

Sean asks about the statuette that he found sitting in the shower of Asriel's house.

Sean: The sculpture in the bathroom, you made it, right? What does it represent?

Deviant: It's an offering... An offering so I'll be saved...

Sean: The sculpture was an offering... An offering to whom?

Deviant: To the director... Only the director can save us.

Sean asks about the director writings on the bathroom wall above the statuette.

Sean: The director... It was written on the bathroom wall. What does it mean?

Deviant: The day shall come when we will no longer be slaves... No more threats, no more humiliation... We will...be...the masters.

Sean: The director, who is the director?

Sean asks why the android hid up in the attic instead of running away.

Sean: Why did you hide in the attic instead of running away?

Deviant: I didn't know what to do... For the first time, there was no one there to tell me... I was scared... So I hid.

Sean asks when the android started feeling emotion.

Sean: When did you start feeling emotion?

Deviant: Before, he used to beat me and I never said anything... But one day I realized it wasn't fair! I felt...anger... Hatred... And then I knew what I had to do.

Sean: I'm done.

The android gets taken back to it's cell. Sean intervenes.

Sean: You shouldn't touch it. It'll self-destruct if it feels threatened.

Jordan: Stay outta this, got it? No fuckin' android is gonna tell me what to do.

Sean: You don't understand. If it self-destructs, we won't get anything out of it!

Jordan: I told you to shut your fuckin' mouth! Chris, gonna move this asshole or what?

Chris: I'm trying!

Sean: I can't let you do that! Leave it alone, now!

Jordan: I warned you, motherfucker!

Mark and Y/N: That's enough!

Jordan: Mind your own business, Mark and Y/N.

Mark and Y/N: We said "That's enough".

Jordan: Fuck, you 2 aren't not gonna get away with it this time... Fuck!

Sean: Everything is all right. It's over now. Nobody is gonna hurt you. Please, don't touch it. Let it follow you out of the room and it won't cause any trouble.

Deviant: The truth is inside.