Chapter 8- Broken

Connor is walking Aiden into his house. When they get inside of the house.

Alarm: Good evening, Aiden. Welcome back.

Aiden: That was by far the most boring party I've been to in the last 25 years. Every time I go to one of these, I ask myself: what the hell am I doing here? I hate cocktail parties and all the schmoozers that go there.

Connor: Well, it's a chance for all those people who admire your work to meet you.

Aiden: No one gives a damn about art. All they care about is how much money they're gonna make out of it. Come on, let's have a drink! All the excitement of this whole thing has made me thirsty.

When Connor and Aiden get into the living room to have a drink.

Connor: Scotch, neat, as usual?

Aiden: Absolutely.

Connor: Okay! But you know what your doctor would say...

Aiden: Yeah... Well, he can kiss my ass! I'm old enough to choose my own medication... Did you leave the light on in the studio?

Connor: No... No, I'm sure I didn't. 

Aiden: Call the Police.

Police: Newark Police, what's your emergency?

Connor: This is Aiden Gibson's android, at 8941 Lafayette Avenue. We've just returned home and found the lights on. There may have been a break-in...

Police: A patrol car is on the way.

Aiden: Let's go check it out.

Connor and Aiden go into the studio. Bruce is in the studio. 

Aiden: Bruce! What are you doing?

'Bruce: You refuse to help me, so I'm helping myself... It's crazy what some people will pay for this shit...

Aiden: Don't touch 'em! 

Bruce: Look, they're all going to be mine sooner or later anyway... Just think of it as a down payment on my inheritance...

Aiden: Connor, get him away from there. Get him outta here!

Connor tries to warn Bruce. 

Connor: Look, I've already called the Police. You should go now before you get yourself into more trouble.

Bruce: All you ever do is tell me to go away... What's wrong, Dad? I'm not good enough for you? Not perfect like this FUCKING THING?! 

Aiden: That's enough! Get out, right now! Go on, move! 

Bruce: What makes it so special anyway, huh? What's it got that I don't? 

Aiden: Leave him alone!

Bruce: Come on, let's see what you got!

Aiden: Connor... don't defend yourself, you hear me?! Don't do anything.

Bruce: Go ahead, hit me! What you waiting for? Think you're a man? Act like one!

Aiden: Stop it!

Bruce: What's the matter? Too much of a pussy?

Aiden: STOP IT, BRUCE! STOP IT!

Bruce: Too scared to fight back, you fucking bitch?

Connor breaks free of his programming.

Bruce: Oh right, that's right! I forgot, you're not a real person... You're just a FUCKING PIECE OF PLASTIC! Listen to me...

Aiden: No, Bruce! Leave him alone!

Bruce: I'm gonna destroy you, then it'll just be me and my Dad... I'm gonna tear you apart and nobody's gonna give a shit. You know why? Cause you're nothing, you hear me?! YOU'RE NOTHING!

Connor pushes Bruce and Bruce gets knocked unconscious.

Aiden: Bruce! Oh, my God! Bruce... My little boy... 

Connor: Aiden, I...

Aiden: They'll destroy you, Connor! You gotta go! Get outta here!

Connor tries to explain why he did what he did.

Connor: Aiden... I... I... I didn't mean to...

The police get there. 

Aiden: GET OUT! NOW! GO! CONNOR!

Police: DON'T FUCKIN' MOVE!

The police shoot Connor.