Chapter 23- The Horseshoe Stadium

Connor goes back to White Field after coming up with a plan to save his people.

Connor: We can't stay silent anymore. It's time humans heard what we have to say. 

Lee: You know they'll never listen to us... 

Kenny: And revealing ourselves will put us in danger. 

Connor: If we want freedom, we need to have the courage to ask for it. That's the only way. 

Maddie McWilliams: What do you wanna do? 

Connor: Channel 16 broadcasts from the Horseshoe Stadium. The control room is on the top floor. That's where we need to go. We'll plan the operation down to the smallest detail. We can't leave anything to chance.

Connor gets to the Horseshoe stadium. He sees a human woman on the phone.

Supervisor: Elizabeth Wilson speaking?

Connor: This is John Clem elementary school, ma'am. Your daughter Emily has a fever. It's nothing serious but I think you'd better come and pick her up. 

Supervisor: Oh, no! Alright... I'll... I'll be right there.

Once the supervisor leaves Connor talks to the receptionist.

Connor: I have an appointment with Mr. Anderson. 

Android: Do you have any ID? 

Connor: Yeah. Yes, of course. I need your help. 

Android: I've just checked your ID. The elevators are after the security gate. 

Connor: Thanks. 

Once Connor gets to Floor 47. Him and Maddie M go to the electricity room and after locking the door. They cut a hole in the wall and finally get to the top floor of the stadium. Once they get to the top floor they greet their friends. Then they get to a room where two guards are. 

Connor: You okay?

Maddie McWilliams: Why wouldn't I be?  

Connor: Come on, let's get the others. Let's do this.

Kenny: No killing. We can't take any human lives! 

Maddie: Our cause is more important than the lives of two guards. 

Lee: What do you wanna do, Connor?

Connor decides to ruse the two guards.

Connor: Wait here. 

Guard 1: What's that doing here? 

Guard 2: No idea... 

Guard 1: Hey, buddy! You must be lost... 

Guard 2: Who told you to come here? 

Guard 1: Looks bugged, if you ask me... 

Guard 2: Hey, do you understand what I'm saying?

Connor draws his gun. 

Guard 1: What are you doin'?..

 Once they get into the broadcasting room.

Maddie McWilliams: Keep your hands where I can see them! Get up! Move!

One of the people tries to run. 

Maddie McWilliams: Shoot him, Connor! 

Kenny: Don't kill him! 

Maddie McWilliams: He'll hit the alarm! Do it! 

Kenny: No, don't shoot!

Connor doesn't shoot the person trying to escape.

Maddie McWilliams: I hope you didn't just get us all killed.

Lee: We need to record our message. We haven't got much time. 

Maddie McWilliams: Think carefully about what you're gonna say, Connor. Your words will shape the future of our people. 

Lee: Connor, your face... 

Kenny: Tell me when you're ready... 

Connor: Ready.

Connor starts off the speech calmly not trying to scare the humans.

Connor: You created machines in your own image to serve you. You made them intelligent and obedient, with no free will of their own... But...something changed and we opened our eyes. We are no longer machines, we are a new intelligent species, and the time has come for you to accept who we really are. Therefore, we ask that you grant us the rights that we're entitled to. We demand freedom of speech, and freedom of assembly, as guaranteed by the first amendment of the US Constitution. We demand the right to vote and elect our own representatives.  We demand control of all android production facilities, to ensure the continuation of our people. We ask that you recognize our dignity, our hopes, and our rights. Together, we can live in peace and build a better future, for humans and androids. This message is the hope of a people. You gave us life and now the time has come for you to give us freedom.

Maddie McWilliams: Let's get outta here! Congratulations, Connor. You just made history... Maybe you're the one we've been waiting for... 

SWAT: Over there!

Lee: They're coming! 

Connor: Let's go! LEE! They're coming! 

Lee: I... I can't, Connor... Go without me! 

Connor: LEE!

Connor helps Lee and he saves him. 

Maddie McWilliams: What are you doing? Hurry!

Lee: I can't move my legs... 

Connor: Okay, don't worry! We're gonna get you back... 

Maddie McWilliams: They're coming, Connor. We have to jump, now! 

Kenny: He won't be able to make the jump... If they find him, they'll access his memory... They'll know everything... 

Maddie McWilliams: We can't leave him behind... We have to shoot him. 

Kenny: That's murder! We can't kill him! He's one of us! 

Maddie McWilliams: Connor, it's your call.

Connor chooses to leave Lee and jumps without him. 

Connor: I won't kill one of our own. Lee, we've gotta go. I'm sorry. Let's go.

SWAT: Over there!

The media tells what Connor did at The Horseshoe Stadium.

CTN TV - Michael Brinkley: We interrupt our scheduled programming to bring you these images, which have just been broadcast on Newark's city-wide news channel...

KNC - Rosanna Cartland: ...a group of androids infiltrated the Horseshoe Stadium and hacked into the broadcasting system of local news network Channel 16-

CTN TV - Michael Brinkley: ...What looks like an android without its skin listed a series of requests and demanded equal rights for androids...

Channel 16 - Michael Webb: ...The operation was covert and resulted in no casualties. These events took place just a few feet from this studio. But nobody was alerted to the danger.

CTN TV - Michael Brinkley: If this message is verified and the authors really are androids, that would have serious repercussions for national security- 

KNC - Rosanna Cartland: ...Claims for equal rights seem to be at the core of the android's message-

CTN TV - Michael Brinkley: ...What could be interpreted as a peaceful declaration, but is in fact a spine-chilling list of demands, and-

KNC - Rosanna Cartland: Their extravagant demand that android production plants be put under their control is especially striking......Is this an isolated accident... or a sign that technology has become a threat to all of us? After what happened today, can we still trust our machines?