Chapter 31- Night of the Soul

Connor is at Aiden's house.

Alarm: Alarm deactivated. Welcome home, Connor.

Connor sees a message from Bruce.

Bruce: Hi, Dad... I'm getting outta the hospital tomorrow... They told me that you stayed with me while I was asleep... I... um... I'm really sorry about everything that happened... I'm gonna stop all that shit... It messes me up, it turns me into somebody I hate... Hey, I'd like to come by and see you tomorrow... If that's all right with you... I... I just wanna let you know... I'm... I'm proud to be your son... 

Connor goes upstairs to see Aiden and is stopped by a android. 

Android: Who are you? How did you get in? 

Connor: I need to see Aiden. 

Android: Aiden isn't seeing anyone. You need to leave. 

Connor: Please. I need to see him. 

Android: He's very weak... I'm not sure he'll be able to talk to you...

Connor goes in and sees Aiden on a medical bed. 

Connor: Aiden... No... 

Aiden: Connor! 

Connor: Hey... 

Aiden: I was hoping you'd come... 

Connor: I've missed you so much, Aiden... You don't know how much I've missed you... 

Aiden: What's wrong, Connor?

Connor: I just wanted my people to be free, but... Instead, I've led all of them to disaster... Aiden, I'm trying to find answers, but everything around me is falling apart...

Aiden: World is ruled by fear, Connor... Fear of others... Fear of the future... It's like me...too old... It's time for it to end.

Connor: I don't want bloodshed... no matter the color...but I can't let them slaughter my people... I have to make a decision that's gonna affect millions of lives... And I'm telling you, I don't know what to do... 

Aiden: Being alive is making choices...between love and hate, between holding out your hand or closing it as a fist... I don't have any easy answers, Connor... You have to accept the world as it is... or fight to change it. You're my son, Connor... Our blood isn't the same color... but I know a part of me is in you... When the world falls into darkness, some men have the courage to lead it out... You're one of those men... Face the abyss... but don't let it consume you.

Connor goes back to the church. He talks to Kenny.

Kenny: If it weren't for you I'd be dead... Thanks to you I might see our people free one day... You and I haven't always agreed, but I know that we're fighting for the same thing. Whatever you decide, I'm with you, Connor.

Connor then talks to Sean. 

Sean: It's my fault the humans managed to locate White Field... I was stupid... I should've guessed they were using me. I'm sorry, Connor... I can understand if you decide not to trust me...

Connor trusts Sean.

Connor: You're one of us, now. Your place is with your people.

Sean: There are thousands of androids at the CyberLife assembly plant. If we could wake them up, they might join us and shift the balance of power... 

Connor: You wanna infiltrate the CyberLife Tower? Sean, that's suicide... 

Sean: They trust me, they'll let me in. If anyone has a chance of infiltrating CyberLife, it's me.

Connor: If you go there, they will kill you. 

Sean: There's a high probability... but statistically speaking, there's always a chance for unlikely events to take place... 

Connor: Be careful... 

Connor then talks to Maddie McWilliams. 

Connor: What's your system status? 

Maddie McWilliams: I'm okay... The bullet didn't hit any biocomponents... You could have been killed trying to save me, Connor... You have to think of our people first. Nothing else matters.

Connor: The army built five different camps in the Newark area... 

Maddie McWilliams: They're building more all across the country... They're preparing for a genocide.

Connor: How many of us survived the attack? 

Maddie McWilliams: A few hundred? Maybe more if you count those hiding all over the city... If you hadn't triggered the bomb we'd all be dead. In a few hours, it'll all be over... We'll have changed the world or the world will have destroyed us... You have to make a choice, Connor... But whatever you choose, we will follow you. I love you, Connor...

Connor then talks to Maddie. 

Connor: I thought you'd be safe staying with us... I was wrong... You need to leave the city, while you still can. 

Maddie: Getting Belle away from here is all that matters now... We have to catch the last bus... We might still have a chance to cross the border...Connor... Save our people.

Connor then addresses every single android. 

Connor: Humans have decided to exterminate us... Our people are packed in camps right now, being destroyed... Time has come to make a choice, one that very well may determine the future of our people.

Connor chooses to demonstrate peacefully to the humans. 

Connor: I know... I know you're all angry. And I know you wanna fight back... But I assure you violence is not the answer here. We are gonna tell them peacefully that we want justice. If there's any humanity in them, they will listen. And if not, others will take our place and continue this fight. Are you ready to follow me? 

Androids: Connor! YEAH! YES!