Chapter 2~Love and Basketball

London
After my encounter with Khalil I decide to walk the rest of the way to the dorms. It wasn't anything big but It was something I could afford. Me and Ally have been living together our entire college life and so far I'm not complaining. I get home and kick off my shoes and turn the Tv on. I'm about to doze off when I hear my phone ringing.

I pick up and the phone and see my mom is calling. "Hey mama" I say plainly. "Hey my baby. I'm going to get straight to the point because I got a meeting in 10 minutes." My mom worked at some big company and made good money for herself. She didn't live too far away from the campus but I try not to live off of her. We get along pretty well for the most part.

"Your sister Kendall is coming out for Christmas and I'm having a family dinner." I sigh in protest. "So London, that means that you need to be here this time no backing out. And if you got a special somebody on the side you can bring them too."

"Mom-" I protest . Click. She hung up in my face..as always. I stare in disbelief for a few more seconds until the door opens up. I turn around and see Ally grinning like she just won the lottery.

"Girl I got the best news ever." She says before I can even ask about anything.

"Oh okay what is it?" I ask.

"Tye is moving down here. And word around town is that he moving in with some niggas named Khalil and Alex."
I put my head in my hands when I hear those names. Ally sensed something was wrong. "Okay so why you look like you're about to die. I mean I know Tye probably ain't your favorite choice but-" I quickly stop her.

"Girl it has nothing to do with Tye." Regardless of whether I like the boy or not he is still with my bestfriend and I want her to be happy. "It's just that I know the boys he's about to be staying with. Well at least one of them. I just met them today and he was trying to talk to me I guess."

Ally's eyes get wide and while I'm steady trying to downplay the situation. "Bitchhhh he likes you. It's obvious."

"And girl I really don't care."

She huffs at my answer not believing a word but that didn't bother me either. I know myself and I was not getting into something like that.

After a minute of silence I got bored again and decided to strike up a new conversation.

"We are going to that basketball game tonight." I say calmly. Sports was my thing. I could sit there and argue with a nigga all day about basketball or football. Today my school was playing some weak ass team so it was gone be an easy win.

"London you know I don't like sports thingies."Thingies? Really? I laugh. "We are still going. You'll get to dress up and look cute."

A small smile forms on her lips. "Fine."

_________
Khalil
Man this team is really playing like ass today. Surprisingly, we were losing and it wasn't even a lot of people in here. I just came to scope the crowd out and check the fine shawties but shit was limited.

I scan the crowd and my eyes set on the same girl I saw in the commons: London. She couldn't see me so I took that time to check her out. She had on a Kobe Bryant jersey, some bleached jeans, and yellow Vans. She got the wrong jersey on but she still cute. I mean, who likes Kobe?

"Aye I'll catch y'all later."

"Bro you ain't gone come to the club afterwards?" Dang. I forgot. But I got a bet to do so that's my priority. "Nah, I got a bet to handle remember?" I say pointing out London sitting in the bleachers. They laugh and give me a handshake. "Oh aight Bro do you."

I head over to where London was and she spots me coming up. She looked so shocked and started whispering to her friend who immediately stared at me after their short lived conversation.

"Damn girl. So I finally get to see you again." She gives a no teeth smiles. "Such irony." She says sarcastically. I swear this girl's attitude had to dip. If she was mine I'd fuck the attitude out of her right now. But she ain't. Yet.

"So can I sit down?" She obviously didn't want me there. "My girl Ally was here and I don't want her feeling left out." She says enthusiatically. The Ally girl looks her up and down like she slow.

"London please."  She waved her hand back and forth dismissing London's statement. "I gotta go do something." And with that, she left.

I take a seat and for a few seconds we were really quiet just watching the game. I took time to look at her every now and then and she was all into the game.

When the referee made a bad call on the team, London got up out of nowhere and started screaming. "He ain't even touch him! What the hell was that ref?!"

I looked at her ass like she was crazy. I ain't never seen no girl act like that over a game. It was weird but at the same time piqued my interest. "Girl your ass crazy as hell. You gone get kicked out."

She looks at me. " Well tell the ref to do they job right and I will." She starts examining my Michael Jordan shirt. " And you definitely don't need to be talking about me with that trash ass shirt." She pulled some hot Cheetos out of her purse and starts eating them.

That girl had some nerve. "Bruh please. You the one I need to be questioning with all that Kobe shit on. Mj was better anyway. " This caught her attention and she put the chips away not even paying attention to the game.

"Don't even do that my nigga if you wanna speak facts then let's speak facts." For the little amount of time that we had, we used it to argue about who was better. I can't even lie, if I wasn't a die hard Mj fan I would've started agreeing with her ass. Before we knew it the 4th quarter buzzer rang and we were laughing at some jokes.

"Well this is it. I'll see you later." She starts getting up real fast for some reason. The bitch was just laughing and having a good time and now she wanna dip? I get up to and follow her. "I know you ain't think you was about to get away like that. I'm about to take you to your car. Where's it at?" She points it out and we walk there in silence.

Once we get to the car she tries to open her car handle. Before it even opens halfway I close the door back with my hand. She looks at me confused. "Umm I already said thanks."

"So you really ain't gone give me your number." She gives a dry laugh. "Give me your phone."

I give her my phone and she puts her number in and gives it back to me. "Yeah we in there now." I say with a playful wink.

She begins to get in her car and this time I don't stop her. "Boy don't fool yourself." She turns her engine on and I back away from the car.

As she drives off I start  grinning. She was gone be mine fasho now. Bet or no bet.