Chapter 25- Family Ties

London
"Yes I'm London Wilts and im here for my 9:00 Appointment with Dr.Rue. All thanks to Khalil I gotta get checked for some disease or shit.

The doctor scans through her computer. "Ahh yes Ms.London. The doctor should be out in a minute."

"Okay thanks." I head back over to the seating area with Victoria.

"Girl you good?" Vic asked. "Yeah why wouldn't I be?"

"Because your ass is shaking real bad." I didn't even notice it. "My bad. I'm just getting nervous. I swear if that nigga gave me something I'm killing him."

"And I'll be right there holding him down. But we aint even gone speak like that. I prayed to God."

I roll my eyes. " You only pray to God when you got a problem." She just shrugs her shoulders. "He knows my true intentions and where my heart so get off my dick."

"London Wilts." The doctor says. Vic and I walk up to her. "Right this way please." She leads us down this long rigt hallway until we reach a regular room.

"Take a seat." I do as I'm told and Vic sits next to me.

The doctor looks at her clipboard. "So you are here for a STD testing. Is that correct?" I nod my head yes.
She hands me a small cup. "Go to the bathroom and pee in this for me so I can do further testing."

It was really hard but I finally fill the cup up and hand it to the doctor. She starts filing more paperwork before she gets up. "You guys make yourself acquainted while go get your results.

All the waiting made me anxious so I talk to Vic to steer my mind away from it. " So how did the date go?" I ask sitting up in my seat.

"It was good. But you know me. I'm not letting my guard down cuz he seem like a sneaking ass nigga." I chuckle. "Yeah please don't let that guard down. Or you'll end up like me."

She waves her hand dismissing the comment. "Bitch bye. I wish I had what you and Khalil have."

I shake my head. "Nah, what me and Khalil had. And even then it was still trouble in paradise." I say thinking back to all the shit he put me through.

"The best relationships are the imperfect ones." She replies.

The door swings open. The doctor comes out looking over the papers. "Okay Ms.Wilts the results are in. It is apparent that you are free from an STD or HIV."

I breathe a sigh of relief. Vic puts her hand over her heart being dramatic as hell. I go up to shake the doctors hand getting up. "Thank you doctor."

"No problem. Continue to wrap it up." She says smiling and winking .

"You don't have to tell me twice."
___________________
At home I'm scrolling on my phone at my Instagram feed when it starts vibrating. I look and see my mom's name pop up. I already knew what this was about.

I answer the call. "Ma I'm sorry for missing the family dinner thing. I promise I'll make it next time."

"If you already know what I'm about to fuss at you about then why do the shit? You better come for Easter." She says scolding me.

"Alright I will. Dang ma." I say.

Her attitude immediately changes and she starts talking all nice. "So how's school going my baby." I laugh. We act too much alike. One minute we mad next minute we happy.

"Its going good so far." For a while we continued talking and it was good to catch up with her. She even asked about my 'love life's but I changed the topic quickly. My mama is real quick to pull up if a nigga hurt us. That's why her and my dad divorced. He kept trying to play her and she wasn't having it.

I guess that's why I try to have high standards for myself now. After talking for a minute I finally told her I loved her and bye.

Like and Comment💕