Chapter 4

I was dragged into one of our interrogation rooms; everything was white, the walls, the table, and the chairs. The only thing that was different was the two-way mirror. I was forced into the seats that faced away from the mirror. This was a room I have never been in. This was their plan, make me feel isolated and uncomfortable. But it was no use. I placed my hands on the arms on the chair, and they grabbed at the silver cuffs attached and hooked them on my wrists. I didn't flinch; even though I felt the silver burn at my wrists, this was nothing compared to my past. I closed my eyes to check on the fire. The soul was still active burning through the entire attic. It was beautiful; I saw many wolves try and failing to tame my flames.

This is our power, Ana; we could run now. Let me break this chain. Ulrica whispered in my ear.

No, we need to see Xander first. I answered, the door slammed, and the frame shook from the force. I open my eyes and look straight ahead at the wall. Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw the two men step back towards the mirror wall. I focused all my energy on keeping my heartbeat steady. 

Breath in, breath out.

Breath in, breath out. I

Footsteps circled me until the Alpha finally stepped in front of me. I keep my eyes straight, never looking at his face. Alpha took a deep breath before he brought his face close to mine. I could smell the anger roll off him.

"Stop the flames. NOW." he commanded using his Alpha voice. I move my eyes up to his clenched jaw.

"Let me see Xander," I said softly. Alpha slammed his fist on the table leaving a dent.

"Stop the fire." he seethed at me. I take another deep breath.

"I will comply if I see Xander" I calmly whisper. This time I meet his eyes. They were flashing from his regular brown to his wolfs yellow. I could hear my heartbeat stutter for a second. Shit, his wolf was close, and I was chained up with no means to defend myself.

Let me help, Ana. Rica pleaded

No, focus on keeping the soul under control. I can handle this. I told Rica. I looked back at the Alpha who seemed to be mind linking someone. For a second I thought he was calling Xander until the door opened again and my father walked in.

*CAUTION: This part does contain violence*

"I got this, no need to soil your hands chief. " He mumbled in the Alpha's ear. Hearing those words made my stomach drop ten feet below ground; my father didn't care what state he leaves me in. In the corner of my eye, I saw the alpha nod his head. When he leaves, I draw into myself, letting everything around me grow still, and then I cast my senses to follow him. I feel his life source go into the room next to ours along with another life. The Alpha's was warm and pulsing while the other shone brighter than any I have felt. My head shoots up, Xander's in the next room. I try to move my head to look into the mirror when I feel the sting of the slap.

"Look at me girl." He demanded, and he grabs my chin roughly and forces me to look into his eyes: fury and hate, "My daughter dares to not give me her undivided attention. It seems I haven't been training you as diligently as I thought. Should we correct this error?" He whispered in my ear. Cold sweat ran down every pore in my body. The iron taste of blood forced me to realize I was practically biting my tongue off. Fear, I could smell my own fear and blood in the air. 

"Stop them now." He hissed in my face. My hands shook violently against the chair. This man has turned me into a shivering mess in mere seconds. There was always something I could count on from this man. His hate for his only daughter. The person who took his mate away. He would always bring pain and plenty of it.