Chapter 20

*If you like this chapter please vote and leave a comment*

____________________________________________________________________

I strained against the bonds holding me to the chair. I'm alone in my cell; my doll stares at me in the corner. I try not to look around the small dirty cell; I don't want to see what he has planned for me today. 'I don't want to be punished.' I think lowering my head.

"I'm just so hungry." Shame coursed through my brain. The door creaks open, and I hear footsteps come closer.

'Now's our chance Ana...let's rip his throat out!' Ulrica whispers encouraging me in my ear. I struggle to keep her at bay. He jerks my head up and places the wires to my temples. I can't see his face, the single lightbulb blinks in and out, blinding me. He steps in front of me, and I see my father's face changing back and forth to my other torturers — beta, Alpha, Beta, Alpha, Xander, and then back to the Beta. His cold eyes stare at me with a wicked gleam. He lifts a hand, and I fight with everything in me, not to flinch...to stare into his eyes, challenging him. Gently, he traces my temple bringing it slowly down to my cheek. I see Xander's face and tears spring to my eyes, and he is looking at me with pure love and admiration.

'This isn't real...I will never feel this.' I whimper, trying to lean into his touch before it vanishes. Xander's face quickly morphs into a look of disgust, and my heart breaks all over again. I growl at him, snapping at his hands, trying to bite it off and he growls back. I jerk at the chains; I need to get out.

"If you move, it will hurt more." He turns around and goes to the table behind him filled with medical supplies, another person walks in, and they assemble the formula on the table. I fight the burning chains, screaming in frustration. Xander and the other man turns around, and my heart freezes.

"I killed you!" I hiss at Thanatos.

"Did you?" He mocks, and I snarl at him when he takes the needle from Xander and walks towards me.

"Don't you dare," I hissed. Thanatos laughs.

"You're very special, Anala," He said. "You may be the last one." I didn't recall much as the needle punctures my skin and I pull away, screaming.

I wake up screaming bloody murder, cold and wet. An older woman stands above me holding my arms down. Fear coursed through my body and I struggle out of her hold.

"Shh, please calm down." The lady mutters softly, but I manage to fall out of the bed, landing on my hands and knees. My breathing picks up when I see the red and white wires attached to my arms. Thoughts were racing through my head. I want, no needed them to slow down so I can try to breathe but they won't. The woman comes around the bed and tries to approach me. I scramble away, tearing the wires from my arms.

"You shouldn't be up! You're going to hurt yourself." She pleads I try to get to my feet, but my legs can't hold me up. My breaths come in gasps, and I feel like I'm going to blackout. My heart is hammering inside my chest as if it belongs to a rabbit running for its skin. The woman takes another step towards me, and I jump back into a table spilling its contents before us. My whole body freezes when I see the needle, and the lady notices my reaction and raises her hands.

"We are just trying to help you. Please get back into bed, and I will explain everything." She urges, I lunge for the scalpel and hold it in defense. The room spins, and I bring my legs closer to me, trying to make everything slow to something my brain and body can cope with. I feel so sick. I want to run to the door but it's too far away, too far away, it's so far away. I don't know where I am, If I leave through that door, who else am I going to have to fight. Who do I have to kill...I don't want to kill anymore...the door is too far away, he's gone, I killed him, he went boom, breathe, gone. How many are out there, too far away...darkness...creeping blackness...closing in. I hear the loud clang as the scalpel fell from my hand; I'm on the floor in a ball- the fetal position. Where am I, what's my name, where's Ulrica? The older lady takes a hesitant step towards me; the room is spinning...blackness... in the distance, I hear the door open, and several footsteps rush forward.