Chapter 23

*If you like this chapter please vote and leave a comment!*

__________________________________

This time....I'm not going to run.

Rica howls loudly in my head, and I shut my eyes, trying to block the pain.

What are you doing! I scream at her.

Sorry! I'm just so fucking proud!! FINALLY!! We can make them all suffer! Rica shouted, bouncing around in my battered head.

We won't be able to do anything if I pass out! I reminded her. Ulrica gave a loud huff but finally stopped. I take a deep breath and focus all my energy towards my hands. The silver against my wrists began to burn at an agonizing temperature. I could smell my flesh burn, and I can't tell if it's from the silver or the fire raging out of my hands. I wanted to scream, cry out, make all the pain go away but the image of the girl's troubled face before she died tormented my mind and fueled my anger. I open my eyes, not realizing they were closed and saw the Bull step towards the women and children.

"Leave...them...alone." I strained, my voice cracking and sounding foreign even to me, raspy and demented. The Bull whirled around to face me. His face shocked and had a hint of fear. I pulled on my restraints with everything I had, and they snapped off my arms like twigs. Shakely, I get to my knees, my eyes never leaving his.

"Leave...them...alone," I repeat my voice still hoarse. The Bull blinks and quickly masks his emotions. A vicious snarl crosses his cold face. He doesn't answer me, he only snapped his fingers, and every single wolf pointed their guns at me. In a second, they could shoot me, and there would be no way I could move in time to avoid a fatal hit. I look up at the man who could kill me with a single snap of his finger. And then it occurred to me, and I will never be the hero in my own life. No matter what happens after tonight, I will always be the bad guy...the villain. No one would mourn me after I was gone. Everyone who I have ever met in my life would love nothing more than to sing and dance on my body, not even giving me the luxury of burying my corpse in the cold ground. They would let wild animals ravage my body before even considering the common courtesy of closing my eyes after my death.

And yet... Ulrica whispered in my head.

And yet I couldn't just turn my back, and I couldn't deny the thrill of having a chance to make all of these men and women suffer. I wanted to torture all of them and show the King precisely who he was dealing with. A weak smile breaks onto my face, and I push off my knees slowly.

Yes, I am not the hero of this world, and I am not a slave for the King. I will never bow to anyone.

We can be our own fucking hero, Anala Rica roared in our head. We can do this!

And even if I can't, I have to. I finish in my head.

--Demidicus--

Aching

Throbbing

Biting

Pain

So much pain was pounding throughout my entire body. I lifted my hand to touch my head only to find it bound behind my back.

Why can't I raise my arms...why can't I open my eyes. Panic consumes everything, and I try to wriggle every muscle in my body.
Shit I whimper, it's like elephants and cars all have trampled my body at the same time. The ropes were cutting into my flesh, and I could feel the blistering rash with each twist.

"Leave...them...alone" A voice breaks the heavy silence, and I freeze. I know this voice...but why does it sound so...strange. It sends cold shivers running up and down my spine, but it's enough to force my eyes open and stare in the direction of her voice. I felt my heart sink with dread and fear.