Chapter 28

"You want what we all do." She whispers, but I am too entranced by sight to notice.

"Beautiful." I breathed, unable to hide my tears. The sun rose like a flower opening its petals unto the world, bathing the sky in a rosy crimson glow. The hues illuminated each crevice of the land and the mountains before me. The sunflowers shined with a new found color as if they were wearing golden crowns and had fire dancing around their petals.

"To see another sunrise. To find peace in the world." She says in my ear.

I opened my eyes with a start, breathing as if I had been revived into a new life, staring into the deep brown eyes of Luciana.

"Hello, my Queen."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"Queen?" I rasp out, covering my eyes from the bright light creeping past the curtains. I look around the bright room and notice two wooden doors to my right.

"Where am I?" I asked cautiously, my eyes narrowing on Luciana who moved to sit in the far corner.

"Somewhere safe." Luciana hummed, closing her eyes and shifting her face to catch the sunlight. I snorted.

"Right. I'm just going to go before something explodes." I lift the covers and step on the cold ground, and I wait for something to happen. Maybe the old lady is going to attack or try to strap me down to the bed. When Luciana does nothing, I bring my other foot down and stand up. Without moving my eyes away from the witch, I creep closer to the doors.

"Before you go, tell me little wolf, do you wish to punish those who have wronged you?" Luciana hums, and I take a couple of steps back.

Yes, Ulrica hisses and pulls the faces of the vampires who betrayed us, My father, and Xander. I clutch at the pain that rose in my heart when Ulrica brought his face.

"I - I" I stutter unable to come up with an answer. Luciana nods her head and smiles towards the window.

"I would step away from the doors if I were you," Luciana says without opening her eyes. I snatch my hand away from the doorknob.

"Why?" I croak, she jerks her head to the side.

"You will want to move in exactly seven seconds." Luciana murmurs swaying her head to an unheard tune.

"Three, two, on-" Luciana doesn't finish before the door bursts open. I jump back grabbing hold of the lamp beside the bedpost, and I raise it as high as my weak arms allow ready to swing at a moment's notice.

"I BROUGHT GRILLED CHEESES!" A loud chirpy voice sang out. She skips to the middle of the room and stops when she sees me. She was a plump little thing, with round rosy cheeks and beautiful golden hair in ringlets framing her face and her bright brown eyes that held joy and light. The woman opened her mouth to speak, but suddenly a dark brunette came into the room as well, fury covered her small delicate features.

"Damn it, Zala! I told you before we can't feed guests any of your burnt concoctions!" The woman growled waving a wooden spoon at Zala. I glance at the plate that Zala proudly held in the air. The angry woman was right, in the pan was a mountain of dark goop, that was oozing a bright yellow paste from the sides.

Zala put a hand to her heart and pouted.

"Dot, why don't you love me! I worked hard on these." Zala cried, putting the pan under Dot's nose. Dot backed away coughing and waving the air.

"Sweets, I love you, but your cooking is a wreck." Dot says a small smiling was coming to her face. Dot turned to me and gave a low bow.

"I apologize for the display, your highness." Dot wearily said, grabbing at Zala's hand to drag her into a low bow as well. "We will fetch you something suitable to -"