Chapter 24

"Nice try." He mocked before throwing himself at her. Something gleamed in the firelight and slashed at her before she could move out of the way. Rozinov blinked before looking down at her stomach where the dagger stuck out at an odd angle. She coughed up blood and spat on his face

"Rude," she muttered a dark snarl ripping open her face.

-Anala-

"Rude," I muttered, forcing a snarl onto my face. I grab at the man's hand and drag him closer to me, digging the blade further into my stomach.

"You don't even have the decency to kill me," I whisper, lifting my knee and kicking him in his groin with such force I am sure something exploded down there. The castrated man looked as if he lost all his breath. His scared face turned a pretty shade of purple, and his white eye looked ready to pop out. He falls to his knees before me, holding whatever was left down there.

I jerk my arm back and punch as hard as my body can hit. Throwing the man into a tree.

"I don't know if you worthless pieces of shit pray, but if you do, now would be a good time." I grit, a smirk crawling onto my face.

"Torture," I whisper to my souls, and I gasped in shock when the rush of power and electricity made every cell in my body spark to life. It was almost distracting enough to ignore every wolf cry out in pain.

Almost.

I could still hear their cries of pain when the souls began showing them everything I have ever felt in my life. Every stab, every gunshot, and every whiplash. All of those sensations were attacking their minds. They were distracted, and I found my chance.
I put pressure on my stomach as I limped my way to the captive vampires.

"Run," I growl at them, and they all flinched away from me, scared of what I might do. My heart and gut twisted in pain at their reaction, but I shrug it off.
They weren't blind or deaf, they could all see what I was doing, and they were scared of me.

"LEAVE." I screeched at them, and several of the mothers grabbed at their children and bolted into the forest with incredible speed. I look at the man who stayed kneeling in front of me. I raise an eyebrow, and he lowers his head.

"Thank you. How can we repay you?" The man whispered. I jerked my head to the werewolves screaming in pain. I looked around and found a discarded gun a couple of steps away from me. Limping towards it I gingerly picked it up and held it to the vampire.

"Shoot them," I whisper, he looks up at me, perplexed by my request.

"I know this is hard to understand, but if I kill them...I would have to take their souls." I pause shuddering at the thought. I didn't want more...and even though their deaths would still be on my head...I still couldn't pull the trigger.

"But I cannot claim another man's victims. For their sake...shoot them in the head." I whisper. The vampire nodded his head and took the gun from my trembling fingers.

"My pleasure." He answered and walked to the closest wolf, writhing in pain. The wolf's long black hair clung to his sweat-stained forehead. He looked up, staring into nothing before the vampire walked over to him and pulled the trigger. I look away from hearing more shots.

Out of the corner of my eye, I spot movement and notice the man with the dead eye barely crawling to another wolf who was still alive. The vampire walks over to them and points the gun.

"Not those two." I voice loudly, and the vampire hesitates and walks away.

Thirteen more shots filled the air.

Thirteen more voices silenced under my order.

Everything in me wanted to cry from all the death and destruction around me.
This needs to be done. Rica reminds me, and I nodded my head in agreement.