Chapter 30

*Please vote and comment if you like this chapter!*

All eyes rested upon the golden arcing rays of the soul

All eyes rested upon the golden arcing rays of the soul. My breath was stolen away from the beauty of her.

Why I ask Ulrica

Why what? Ulrica questioned also stunned by the light of the soul.

Why have all the other souls been black after death but hers still hold the light?

Because she was always pure...she belongs with the Moon Goddess. Ulrica soothed. I bring the soul closer to me.

"No," Demidus father whispered. I shoot him a warning glance.

"Go in peace," I whisper before launching her into the sky.

-Thanatos-

"Found you." Thanatos sang in a dark tune as he watched the pure white soul go towards the sky.

"Oh Ulrica, you should've known I could find you anywhere if you guided another soul to the afterlife." A deep chuckle sounded through the still air.

"You should have consumed this soul. You practically lit a beacon for me."

"I'm coming for you, Ulrica."

----------------------------------------

I don't want to move. I can't move. I think to Rica while staring up into the starless sky, trying to see any hint of the bright soul. Sitting, on the wet grass, and feeling the insects crawl up and down my legs, I felt distant from my body...

Where are the stars? Why can't I see Ray...Did I go blind? Somewhere in my mind, I start to panic. I don't remember how to stand, or to even let go anymore. I whisper, clutching the child closer to my chest.

She's cold.

So cold.

The soul that dwelt within her was gone, finally safe from the destruction of anything pure in this forsaken world. I never knew the child, but I could tell she was loved, from the loud sobs around me.

No harm can come to her now. This heart that used to beat with love felt still in my arms. Her mind that explored so many emotions was blank.

If I had fought back sooner...would she have been spared? I whisper to myself, tears falling down my face.

Don't do that to yourself. Ulrica soothed, You fought those murders off because of her. You saved those ungrateful vampires because of Ray. You cannot save everyone Anala.

I could've saved her. I croak. A soft hand laid down on my shoulder, but I didn't even have the energy to jump. My body felt incredibly weak and ached everywhere.

"Can we bury her?" The soft voice of Luciana broke through the muffled sobs and wails. Slowly, I glance up to stare at her old withered face. I clutched Ray closer to me, wanting to protect her body. It took me a second to process what she said.