Chapter 14

*WORD COUNT: 1111 <= Make a wish!!* Please vote and leave a comment if you like this chapter!!

_____________________________________

"Your mate was murdered by your father." She finished, and the last thing I saw was her bright blue eyes staring down at me.

-Anala-

I think that went well! Rica cackled.

Really? I said doubtfully looking down at the girl passed out in my arms, tears still streaming down her face.

No, Ana Rica said flatly rolling her eyes, and I pursed my lips. I knew Charis would not take the news lightly, but I didn't think she was going to faint. I tried to lower her to the ground but my body began to give out, and she ended up falling to the floor in a head. I look at my hands, when did I lose feeling in them? I tried to move my legs, but they felt like lead under my body.

Ana! Call the soul back now! Rica urged, there was a hint of fear in her voice.

What's happening? I gulped as much air into my burning lungs as possible.

CALL IT BACK! NOW! Ulrica screamed, I coughed into my hand, and when I looked at it, I see blood, my blood. I close my eyes and try to drag the soul back, finding it was resisting me. I take a shaky breath, trying again. I'm distracted when I feel Charis move.

"Mmhh" Charis moans, starting to wake up. Her eyes flickered open, and for a second she looks confused at her wall and then our eyes meet I wipe my hands on my shirt and her eyes dart down.

"You're bleeding!" She pointed out, struggling to get up.

"I'm fine." I grimaced tasting the warm metallic blood on my tongue. She moved closer to me lifting her hand to touch me. Ulrica and I growled at her, warning her away. She hesitated before narrowing her eyes and tried to put her hand on my shoulder. I grab her wrist, holding her tightly, staring into her golden eyes.

"Don't. Touch. Me." I warned, enunciating every word. She scrutinized my face before pulling back to sit on her haunches, I release her wrists, and she brings it back, rubbing it a little.

"I'm not going to hurt you." she pleaded, her golden eyes wide. I chuckle at that.

"I've heard those words before." I wince remembering my father's eyes before he would drag me to my cell. I start to cough violently, more blood coming up. I wipe my mouth with the end of my shirt.

Rica, why isn't the soul coming back to me! I asked trying to call the little shit back.

Because you are losing strength! Rica cursed, I look around the room and saw the discarded box of crackers. I lunge for it, falling hard, I crawl towards it and grab it shoving as much down my throat as I can get, chocking. I hear Charis get up and catch something before she comes up to me and forces water down my throat. I chug it down feeling a little strength come back into my bones. I cough again but this time the blood doesn't burn my throat, and I look back at Charis who is backing up with her hands in the air, a triumphant smile playing on her lips.

"Told you." She bragged, and I looked at her sizing her up.

"Why are you trying to help me?" I asked, and she looks down. Just minutes ago she was trying to punch me and accused me of lying. It put me on edge, her sudden change in attitude. She went to the documents she had thrown during her fit and looked at them.

"His name was" She paused, her eyes glistened in the light, the sun was barely peaking over the horizon, "His name was Desmond." she finished glancing at the open file in her hands, "He was just a regular pack wolf... he had no Alpha blood in him, and my father hated that. We all knew he didn't approve of my mate...but I didn't care. In my eyes, he was perfect" She whimpered, tears were streaming down her face.

"Because he was mine...mine," Charis whispered, and I lowered my face hiding behind my hair. It hurt to hear this, hurt to hear about the love that she lost, and it pained me because I saw that note...I saw that they were in love...and even though it ended too quickly, at least she had his love. I shake my head at that thought, Charis continued.

"I felt it..when he died," she said turning to me, "I felt his shock, felt the betrayal...but I also felt him being ripped apart. Every scratch...every bite...I--I tried to run to him...I tried to...." She slapped a hand over her mouth and fell into a fit of sobs. She dropped to her knees, and without thinking, I opened my arms and engulfed her in a hug. I couldn't help it...she was just as wounded as I was...if not even more so..because she had the memories of him... she had felt what it was like to be loved only to her it ripped away from her. It wasn't fair. The rage inside me consumed my every thought. Anger not just for me anymore but for this girl who had her other half torn away and for what? For power? Charis sobbed in my arms until I could see the sun clearly in the sky. The power of having the soul out began to wain on me again, and it was becoming harder and harder to breathe. I took a big gulp of air before pushing Charis back.

"What are you going to do now that you know?" I asked, and she looked up surprised.

"I--I" she stuttered looking down, "I don't know." I nod my head.

"I was Xander's mate," I confessed, and she whipped her head towards me shocked.

"How old are you?" She wondered

"It's complicated...but I turned 14 yesterday..." I admitted a bit embarrassed.

"You're 14!?" She exclaimed, "You look like you're 11...no offense! How did you already find your mate?" She asked I didn't answer.

"The point is...he...he rejected me...for you." Goddess, it hurt even spitting those words out. Charis put her hand to her mouth.

"I don't want him!" She screamed, and I giggled a little.

"I figured. So that's why I'm asking. What are you going to do now?" I sucked in a pained breath when I finally felt the soul rush back to me.

I had to do it...you were dying. Rica explained. Before Charis could answer, we both heard the loud thud of everyone in the packed house wake up from the time freeze.

"What was that?" Charis asked as we both looked at the ceiling.

"Another complication," I said before lunging for the window.

I jump out right as the Alpha came barreling through the door.

"GET HER!" The Alpha roared.

______________________________________

MY STORY JUST HIT 2K TOTAL VIEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WORDS CANNOT EVEN EXPRESS HOW GRATEFUL I AM!! Honestly! I never believed that I would even get ten views, but beyond my wildest dreams, my story is being read.

So THANK YOU!!! It means so much!

If you like this chapter, please vote and comment! I read every comment, and honestly, all of you are hilarious!!