Chapter 16

*Please vote and comment if you like this chapter*

______________________________________________________________

I am a monster. The sentence keeps playing in my mind, burning holes in my memory. I can't breathe...I can't think. It made me sick to my stomach to know that I enjoyed hurting them. I gained energy through their pain, through their suffering. The guilt was crushing me, and I couldn't think of anything besides the new soul that now resides in me. Another reminder of what I am.

I really am a monster I think again.

Run Ulrica urged in my head, and I push my legs to go faster, to run from the destruction I left behind. I hear howls in the distant, and I know that they are close. A shot rang out, and I heard the bullet fly past me hitting a tree branch inches away from my head.

Ana! Rica cried, and I pushed her to take control. She jerked to a halt and turned to face the wolves chasing us.

DO NOT KILL THEM I begged, and I felt Rica roll her eyes.

So be it. Rica muttered and charged at them, making sure to ram their faces in trees or rocks knocking them out.

"Trying to avenge their weak Alpha." Rica gave a short laugh before bending down and ripping the shirt off a woman. She quickly made a makeshift bag and stuffed two guns and three knives in it. She grabbed at a man's clothes and put them in the bag as well before shifting into our wolf form. Rica picked up the bag and ran. Seven wolves had chased us, but we could feel more were coming.

We need to stop them from following us I muttered

I may have a solution Rica said hesitantly.

What? I suspiciously asked

It...it involves fire. She finally said

Absolutely not I practically shouted.

It's the only way! She argued, and I had to think about the ways we could lose the wolves, any way to get them off our trail...but my mind was already maxed out.

Fine I grumbled, we will start a small fire I felt Ulrica stop and call out the newest addition to our 'family' the soul looked at us expectantly.

Fire she thought to the soul, it bowed it's head. It flew towards the other wolves; they jerked to a halt when they began to see the soul begin to blaze. It formed a half circle, blocking any wolves from coming towards me. Never burning anything, but slowly becoming bigger and bigger.

Small fire! I said to set a small fire! This is not small! I shout at Ulrica, she turned around and ran away making sure the flame pushed back the wolves. The only way to truly disappear was washing our scent away. We quickly rolled around in mud and brought the soul back disappearing into the woods. I could feel my heart pounding in my chest. My legs felt like jelly, and my breath was coming out short and raspy. We could pass out any second. But we couldn't quit. I just couldn't. Quitting would mean bad things for me. Imprisonment may be, or, most likely, certain death. In a haze, I watched the thick layers of forest pass by me in blurs. I had no idea where I was going, or when I would stop. My time was running out; I couldn't run forever.

Breathe Ana Rica instructed and I couldn't help but give a hysteric chuckle.

We killed someone, Rica! We hurt them!

It was either them or us, Ana. Rica said softly No matter what...I will always choose your life over theirs; I would not even hesitate. Rica confessed, and I could feel the tears spring to my eyes again.

So, please, breathe, you are going to be okay...we have been through hell together and survived. We will live through this too. I know it feels unbearable right now, but keep breathing, again and again...this will pass. I promise. Rica whispered in my ears, and I found myself breathing in and out picking up speed. The tears still burning my face even though my thick coat of fur. And even though I couldn't get the Alpha's dead eyes out of my head, I found myself continuing to go forward.

-Thanatos-

Thanatos looked into the dark, wet cell and inhaled. He could smell dried blood everywhere and mold. He took a step into the small cell and had to crouch down from bumping into the ceiling. Nothing stood out to him, no unique scent that he could track of this girl. He walked to the chains on the wall and smelled again, nothing.

They said that this cell was only for her...so why can't I smell shit! Thanatos thought it made no sense. Out of the corner of his eyes, he saw a clump of cloth hidden in the edge of the small cell. He walked over to it; he crouched down. It was a makeshift doll, covered in dried blood but it seemed she used her blood to make a face and small threads outlined a little body. He chuckled.

The poor little girl Thanatos mocked in his head; She must be missing her dolly.

Thanatos brought it to his nose and took a whiff. He looked back at it shocked. It smelled like a garden...filled with violets, lilies, and...lavender. But above all those scents he smelled blood...her blood.

About bloody time! He thought. He started to bring the doll to his mouth to taste the blood when he was distracted by the sound of rushing footsteps coming towards him.

"Sir! We have a confirmed sighting of the Blood Wolf." The new alpha panted. Thanatos couldn't remember his name. If he remembered correctly, it started with a B?

"Where," Thanatos asked smirking.

"By our neighboring pack, The Grayfang Pack." The Alpha confirmed with a hint of fear in his voice.

"My new luna lives there." He whimpered, and Thanatos wanted nothing more than to sock him in the face and tell him to man up. He took a calming breath.

"Let's ride then." He grumbled and put the doll inside his suit pocket.

I found you little wolf Thanatos thought darkly.

________________________________________________________________________________

So this is probably a little shorter than usual but I still hope you like this chapter!!

If you like this story, please vote and leave a comment!! 

Also, what is your opinion on Thanatos? Please let me know in the comments or inbox me!

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO ARE READING THIS!