Chapter 11

*Please vote and comment if you like this chapter!*

Dear Goddess, give me the strength to get through tonight. I think before I change back to my human form.

I sniff out some clothes that many pack members leave in case of emergencies. I found a pair of long shorts and a large t-shirt under a tree root. These clothes will help cover my tracks if I can't control the soul. Because of that scuffle, I had with those wolves I lost what little clothes I had.

It will work Anala, trust me Ulrica reassured
I believe you... it's jitters I guess I tell Rica, I was anxious, and I wanted to run far away from all wolves. But I know Rica, and she is the strongest one I know...if she says this will work I can't deny her. I take a deep breath and call out a soul; it glides out and floats in front of my eyes, dark and comforting. It circles me and tugs at my large shirt. I hold out my palm, and it curls up letting me feel its warmth, I breathe a sigh of relief. The soul wants to comfort me; it feels my anxiety.

Relax, Ana, speak the word, and it will follow the command. But you have to believe it. Picture yourself hidden from everyone. Ulrica commands and I nod staring at the soul; it's blank dark face looking up at me, awaiting its command. I calm my nerves and think of myself being invisible.

"Hide" I whisper to the soul. At first, the soul does nothing, resting on my palm. I sigh and bow my head in defeat.

Did I get the word wrong? I know I'm not strong enough to give full sentence commands but...Out of the corner of my eyes, I see something shiny. I jerk my head up to see the soul shining. What the hell!! I said hide! Not show them my damn location! I tried cupping my palms together in an attempt to hide the brightness. I crouch down and begin looking for any signs of wolves coming at me. The soul was starting to shine like a light until it burst to hit everything around us in bright lights. I fall back on my butt and stare at the soul who was beginning to reform itself. The world went back to being black, everything stilled.

"Are you kidding me!" I whisper yelled at the soul. It looks back at me with its blank face. I slap a hand to my forehead exasperated. I hear a shuffle of leaves, and I jerk my head to see a huge grey wolf looking around. I froze when his eyes landed on the bush I was hiding behind.

Faex Rica and I both thought [shit in Latin]. I stared at him through the leaves. The wolf began to advance towards us. My eyes never left his.

Can we kill him? Ulrica asked, practically jumping up and down.

No! I shouted at her.

Just a little bit? Rica pleaded, lowering her head, knowing my answer. The wolf began to stalk closer, sniffing the air. I felt everything inside my body stiffen, preparing to fight, I moved my legs under me. The wolf growled and lunged toward me; I stood up ready to grab his jaw and slam his head into the ground when suddenly he flew through me and landed on the rabbit behind me. I let out a surprised gasp it felt strange when he went through me, almost like a hot breathe passing by. I look back at the soul, the smugness radiating off the thing made me almost want to slap it upside the head. But I felt myself smile.

It worked! I look down at my feet to see that I was only a few inches off the ground, I took a step and didn't feel the twigs break under me, when I reached towards the bush, my fingers passed through them. I look back at the wolf who was enjoying his kill. My smile grew, finally...finally something was going right! I continue watching as the wolf ate his kill when he was done he started walking back the way he came from.

Follow him, Ana Rica encourages, and I quickly step to walk with him. The wolf stops and looks around...almost searching for something. He sniffs the air, but it seems like he came up empty. I take a small sigh of relief when he keeps walking. After a couple of minutes, he breaks into a hard run and the whole way I'm right next to him. It's amazing what a little food and water can do for someone. In a matter of seconds, we arrive at a small clearing with rows of houses lined on edge of the forest and a massive house in the middle. I stand with the wolf, stunned. Even though it was the middle of the night and morning was coming, lights were on, and people were outside walking and chatting around. Kids were running and laughing with joy. I look at the wolf next to me, and I see him sit down to watch two children pretending to fight with swords that lit up. He gave a wolfie chuckle when the little boy dropped the sword and tackled his brother... they roll around until a woman comes and breaks them apart and offers them cookies. I look back at the wolf.