liars.

Walking into my Criminal Justice class, I immediately spot Bryant with his friends in the back. He nods his head at me as if expecting me to sit with him even though I told him I wouldn't be sitting with them anymore.

So with that, I take a seat in the front row making his face turn to instant confusion.

Professor Hemmings seems to notice this as he looks up from his book to shoot me a smile. I return the smile before digging into my backpack and pulling out a notebook and pencil.

However, Bryant is quick to my side as he practically runs to the front of the classroom and sits on top of my desk.

"Um babe, you sit back there," he says pointing to his spot where all his friends are currently watching the two of us.

"Not anymore," I say tucking a strand of my blonde hair behind my ear. "I need to stay focused in this class and sitting with you isn't keeping me focused."

"I'll be quiet, I won't bug you," he practically begs.

I just laugh and shake my head, "I'm sorry, you have all your friends though so you'll be fine."

"Adds, come on," Bryant says giving me a pouty look. "This class will be hell without you."

My eyes catch the sight of Professor Hemmings tensing and I know he's listening. I mean I'm sure it's not fun to hear that one student thinks his class is hell. Especially considering it's only the second day Professor Hemmings has taught it.

"Then start paying attention," I say to him, turning away completely to show I'm not going to give in. "It won't be hell then."

Bryant is about to open his mouth again but Professor Hemmings beats him to it as he stands up, "Alright class, please find your seats."

Much to Bryant's dismay, all the seats around me are taken. Taken by people who are much smarter than him and actually enjoy this class as well.

He groans but stomps his way to the back anyway. I can't help but laugh at his reaction and at the fact he's not going to get what he wants. I usually give in when it comes to Bryant because he knows exactly how to get what he wants, but I'm remaining adamant on this.

"We have an exciting class planned for the day so we're going to get started in order to ensure we get to do it all," Professor Hemmings says standing in the front of the room.

I look behind me to catch Bryant sitting in his seat with a scowl on his face. He leans back against the chair with his arms crossed over his chest and his legs spread out. I should feel bad but I don't.

In fact, I'd like to believe I'm helping him out by allowing him to not be as distracted and maybe learn something for once.

"Bryant Aimes, please come to the front of the room."

Everyone turns to Bryant, in shock by this. Everyone knows Bryant couldn't give less of a shit about this class. So for Professor Hemmings to call him and ask him to come to the front is a ballsy move.

"And if I don't?" Bryant asks with a snort.

"You'll get a zero for the assignment," Professor Hemmings says crossing his own arms firmly against his chest.

Bryant dramatically rolls his eyes but gets up regardless. He walks to the front of the room with an attitude in his step as he mumbles curse words under his breath.

"I'm going to ask you to step out of the room," Professor Hemmings says nodding towards the door.

Bryant seems only more confused by this as he asks, "Why?"