drew.

"Urobatis."

I turn to look, my eyebrows furrowed as I ask, "Excuse me?"

"Urobatis," he says pointing at the diagonal crossword line. "Genus of rays that include the spot-on-spot round ray and the yellow stingray."

I look at the squares and see it fits but have no idea how he even knew that word. Then again, of course he did, he's Luke Hemmings. His inner nerd especially comes out when we're doing crosswords.

"How you even know that word is beyond me," is all I say as I scribble it in in absolute disbelief.

Luke just chuckles as he takes a sip from his coffee and checks his watch. It's almost time for us to make our way to class, especially if we plan on walking in at two different times.

"We should go soon," I say looking around at the empty coffee shop.

Luke nods, clearly agreeing with me as he reaches below him to get his stuff. He's dressed a lot more casual than usual today with a white tshirt and black slacks. His hair is messy in his perfect way as he added the proper amount of gel to it.

"Do you want me to leave first?" I suggest as I get my own stuff together.

"No, let's just go together."

I raise my eyebrows, shocked by his expression as he doesn't seem phased in the slightest. He finishes his coffee and ignore my look of surprise as he gets his stuff together.

"And you don't think every single person is going to give us shit?"

Luke shrugs his shoulders, "So what if they do?"

I'm so confused. Luke was so anti us being seen together even after he addressed to the class that we were together. Now out of nowhere, he's so willing to walk over together and doesn't care in the slightest who sees.

"Okay..." I say slowly, confused as ever but if he doesn't care, then I don't.

Luke stands up from the table, signaling to me he's ready so I finish off my own coffee as well. He offers me a hand which I happily take as I sling my backpack over my shoulder.

Guiding us towards the exit, I think about how tomorrow Luke has to leave which immediately brings down my mood. Especially because I won't be able to go out to a show until friday. Nothing's more inconvenient than school at a time like this.

"You anxious to leave tomorrow?" I ask as he holds open the door for the two of us.

Luke shrugs his shoulders, "Yes and no. I wish I didn't have to leave you behind."

"I know," I say simply considering I agree. Luke has been begging me to just take off school for the week and come but I know that's not realistic. I can't commit to that as much as I want to. "But I'll be there as soon as you know it."

Plus, it won't be as bad considering Luke got around to replacing his phone. At least now we'll actually be able to do our morning crosswords and I won't sit at home stressing about him every day.

"I'm also just nervous about it all," Luke says. "Things are really starting to take off."

He's not kidding. The boys have a meeting with the label in a week in a half in order to discuss a potential contract. The guys are obviously all over the moon about it but I can tell it's making them all super nervous.

"You should be proud," I say simply as I look at him with admiration in my eyes. "You guys are so talented and people are recognizing it."

"Too quickly for my liking."