in denial.

Calum's POV

    "Really?"

    "That didn't go as planned," I say cringing at how that all went down. Hell, I thought I was being a great matchmaker.

    Luke runs his hands down his face as he shakes his head, "You're not supposed to embarrass the girl."

    "Forgive me for speaking the truth!" I say throwing my arms up in the air.

    It's not my fault Addison's been staring at him more than usual. I thought I was helping her out by telling him this. But clearly it only did the opposite.

    However, in my defense it's been very obvious. Hell, I'm surprised he hasn't picked up on it yet. The two of us will just be sitting here and her eyes will be no where near me. She'll sit there just staring at the guy drinking his coffee or filling out a crossword puzzle. I never understood it but I think she has a secret attraction to nerds.

    She secretly wants someone who's just as nerdy as her, even if she hides it a lot better than most. She never wanted anything to do with Bryant, he was just for fun. The girl's never had a boyfriend and clearly doesn't even know what she wants.

    I know she wants a smart boy who will do crossword puzzles with her every morning and read with her every night. That's why she sits here and stares at Luke the way she does. She wants him without even knowing it. She sits here admiring the way he showcases his knowledge and isn't afraid to hide it like she does. She wants to go to a coffee shop every morning with a guy like Luke. Not with a guy who can't remember to put his damn shirt on whenever he steps in.

    "Not too sure about that considering she ran out of here as if her life depended on it," Luke says mostly to himself as he shakes his head and looks out the window.

    "Oh she's just being dramatic," I say waving him off.

    She's embarrassed and that's why she ran off. Neither one of them realize that they both are attracted to one another and it's driving me to the point of insanity. Especially because they're both too stubborn to admit it.

    "She's my student Calum, this whole thing needs to be dropped."   

    "Student that you're attracted to," I say with an evident smirk.

    "That's not true," he very clearly lies.

    "Oh please, there is clearly some kind of attraction between the two of you," I say.

    I'll never get it out of either of them but I know I'm right. There's no use in either of them denying it anymore it's just useless.

    "Well you're wrong," Luke says shaking his head as he gathers his stuff.
    "Oh come on, you're leaving too?"

    I've grown to like Luke. From the few times I've met him, he's seemed like a good guy. I don't know why he feels the need to put on this whole nerd act but I think he would be a total chick magnet if he just let himself loose. However, he doesn't seem to have any intentions of doing so considering I helped him out today yet here he is reprimanding me.

    "I've got class to get to," he says tucking his loose curl behind his ear. "I'm going to assume Addison won't be attendance."

    "She'll be there, she never misses class," I say considering I don't think she's ever missed a single class in her existence. Even if she's pissed at what just happened, I don't see her skipping out on class.

    "We'll see about that," is all Luke says tucking the chair back under the table. I decide to get up and make my own way back home.

    That's how mornings usually go. Addison heads to class and I head back home. Especially because I already had my workout with Ashton so I really have nothing to do now.