congrats.

As the day came to an end, I decided to take Addison to the harbour before we have to leave for the airport. Luckily we have a late flight so we have time to soak up the last bit of Sydney before it's back to reality.

I've been thinking a lot about what Jack said to me and it's been bugging the hell out of me. He is right in the fact that he's out of jail and one of the main reasons I studied criminal justice so long is because I wanted to help him out. Now that he's out, my goal is accomplished.

However, I've picked up such a love for it along the way and I don't know if I'm ready to give that up. I love teaching and I love my job but I also love music. I feel like if I keep my job as a teacher, I'll only be holding back all the guys.

After all, they work all of our show schedules around me.

Then again, what if I give up teaching and music doesn't work out? I'd have to crawl back to UNC and beg for a job.

Finally, there's Addison. If I pursue music, I know we're going to see each other a lot less than we'd like. Is that fair to her? Will she want to be with me if I'm never around?

Will she want to be with someone who she can fall asleep beside every night?

I'm annoyed that these thoughts are flooding my mind considering I should be enjoying my last night with Addison here. Instead, I'm contemplating my whole entire future.

Addison doesn't seem to have a single worry in the world as she stands beside me and overlooks the water. She wears the most beautiful white dress as her blonde hair cascades down her back. The sight is enough to distract me from the harbor as I can't seem to take my eyes off of her.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" she asks turning to look at me with a huge smile on her face.

"The harbor or you?" I ask not caring how corny it may sound as I join her side.

She laughs before nudging me playfully and I grip onto the railing as well. It's a sight I've seen plenty of times, but it's never been as pretty as it is now.

"I don't want to leave," she says looking out at the water.

"Me neither," I say honestly.

The second I go back, I'm brought back to the decisions I have to make. The decisions that are going to drastically change my future.

"Thanks for bringing me," she says moving one hand to place it on top of mine.

I look down at her hand with her fingernails that are painted white and turn my hand around to hold her small hand.

"Thank you for coming with me," I say looking at the side of her face.

She turns her own face to look at me and shoot me a genuine smile.

"I for sure will never forget this trip," she says, her cheeks reddening in the slightest.

I for one know I will never forget bringing back here. It's one of my favorite times being home and there's no one in the world I would've brought over her.

I don't respond as I attempt to listen to the silence of the night. It shockingly isn't crowded even though the night is as beautiful as a Sydney night gets. Maybe it doesn't feel crowded because when Addison's around, I block everything else out.

The sound of music plays softly and I don't know how it's taken me this long to notice it. I smile at the sound of Hold Me While You Wait by Lewis Capaldi playing in the background. As silly as it is, I want nothing more than to take Addison's hand and twirl her around.