vindicate.

Addison's POV:

"You guys are incredibly lame."

Looking over my shoulder as I lay in between Luke's legs, the two of us on my front porch, I spot Calum leaning against our door frame giving us a look of disbelief.

"Explain," I say placing the book down, being careful not to lose our place.

"You're out here reading a book together instead of doing absolutely anything else," Calum says shaking his head.

I just laugh as I turn to Luke who doesn't seem phased as his arms remain wound around my stomach. After the events of earlier, we ran to Luke's to grab a few books to read tonight. Luke picked out one saying it was one of his favorites but we both wanted to read it so here we are sitting together as we read the book.

After packing up some of Luke's things and cooking up dinner, we came back here to sit on the porch and listen to the silence of the night. Of course Calum has other plans as he stands here probably wondering why the hell the two of us are reading one book.

"This is what we want to do," I say shrugging my shoulders considering it's the truth.

We're both relaxed as ever and couldn't imagine a better way to spend the night. The weather outside is unbelievable and no one inside is going to want to read a book with us so it keeps us alone.

"Try not to get too rowdy out here," Calum says putting his hands up. "Don't make me call the police on you."

Giggling to myself, I lean myself further against Luke as he tugs me closer.

"We'll try," Luke says lacing his fingers through my own.

"Ashton's coming over later, we need to start working on a new song so start brainstorming," Calum says to Luke making Luke playfully roll his eyes.

I know how much the guys depend on Luke to write these songs. In fact, I don't know what they'd do without him. At times, I feel guilty considering I think it's a lot of pressure on Luke but he always gets it done.

"Alright, I'll try to have some ideas," Luke says.

I can't help but wonder what they're next song topic could be. I feel like they've hit a lot of topics regarding being with someone. That seems to be all they know at the moment.

"Good stuff," Calum says patting the doorframe. "Now remember, be safe and use protection."

"Calum..." I say warningly.

He puts his hands up in defense once again. He already gave us a whole speech on what he had heard earlier. Shockingly enough, neither Luke nor myself was embarrassed by it as we had but just shrugged it off. He could've listened to his own music or left the house.

Calum even gave Luke a speech that a father would give a new boyfriend. He went on and on about how he would cut his balls off if he ever hurt me or got me pregnant. I stood and watched in disbelief as Luke didn't know if he should be terrified or entertained.

"Fine, fine, I'll leave your weird reading date," he says walking back inside.

I shake my head at him considering he was the one who told me I needed to find a guy like Luke. I think we're both just shocked that a guy like Luke actually exists.

Just as I open my mouth, Calum's head peaks out once more.

"But seriously, if you guys have sex out here let me know and I'll bring out-"

"Calum!" I say in disbelief.

"Sorry, leaving," Calum says once again rushing off.

I question every day of my life how a guy like Calum Hood became my best friend.