boiling pasta.

"This is absolutely beautiful."

"You like?" Luke asks as he smiles at me and I can't help but notice everything about the restaurant. He had gotten us a table outside and we are right by the water.

"I love," I say as if it were obvious. "Thank you so much for taking me here."

Luke had even gone as far as ordering us two large steaks for dinner and I feel guilty knowing he's going to insist on paying. This place is far from cheap and of course he had to order the most expensive thing on the menu.

"I'm happy to," he says folding his hands on the table as he continues to wear his smile.

I look around once more to see all the small details of the restaurant and just what makes it so beautiful. I still can't even fathom the idea that I'm here right now with Luke Hemmings.

"You excited for tonight?" I ask him as I bring my glass to my lips and take a sip of my water.

Luke shrugs his shoulders as he holds my eye contact, "A little nervous I suppose. The vocals are mainly mine tonight so that's slightly terrifying."

"You'll do great Luke," I say sincerely considering I have no doubt in my mind. "You have no reason to doubt yourself. Especially after being pulled up so last minute last time."

He sighs and rubs his hands together as he licks his lips slowly practically distracting me from whatever he has to say next.

"I hope so," he says. "They kind of gave me no choice but to join."

I laugh considering I'm not surprised. That sounds exactly like my friends, I wouldn't expect anything less. They like to get what they want. No one stands in the way of that.

"They believe in you," I say taking a sip from my water as I shrug my shoulders.

Sure they may be a pain in the ass but they wouldn't be if they didn't believe in Luke. He would've been gone long ago.

"All the more reason to be nervous," he laughs to himself.

It's clear that music has never really been Luke's thing. Obviously he's been more of a behind the scenes kind of guy that never liked the spotlight too much. However, with Calum and Michael's love for music, I know they'll never let him get away with not being the lead man of their band.

"When you're as talented as you are, you have no reason to be," I say as if it were obvious. "Plus I'll be there."

"You say that like it's supposed to make me less nervous."

I crack a smile at this, feeling a blush creep on my cheeks as I look down for a split second. The words left his lips with such ease it's as if he had no idea the effect it would have on me.

"I guess that's payback for you showing up as a whole different Luke Hemmings," I say deciding to play back.

Luke shoots up an eyebrow as he tilts his head and asks, "Excuse me?"

"I mean, it's not exactly fair that you just rolled up to my house looking like a new human being," I say sitting back in my seat and crossing my arms over my chest.

I can tell he's amused as he wears a smile on his face and watches me carefully.

"You don't like it?"

Oh so he's really testing my limits.

"And if I don't?" I ask deciding to test him right back.

Luke thinks it over for a second as if thinking of a proper response. His eyes scan me over before he relaxes in his seat and looks off, clearly biting back a smile.