rain.

Life's crazy.

    One minute you're sitting in class and the next, you're standing in the rain while packing your car with your belongings in order to catch your flight to Georgia.

    The second I got off the phone was the second I booked the next available flight home in order to see my brother. My brother who could've been gone right now had they been a minute later.

    I haven't fully wrapped my head around all of this information considering I feel so sick to my stomach. It terrifies me to think about what could've happened had they not found them when they did.

    I would feel responsible for his death for the rest of my life. I would never forgive myself and I truly have no idea how I would've went on.

    All of this hasn't even allowed me time to properly focus on the fact Luke left out the fact he was dropping teaching for good. I don't even know if I'll see him before I go and a part of me doesn't feel guilty for up and leaving.

    I haven't told any of the guys I'm leaving for the week because none of them are home. On top of that, it's not like they tell me anything anyways. They all completely decided to leave out the fact that Luke was dropping teaching and not tell me.

    I don't want to be around him or any of them right now considering I have something so much more important to focus on. I can't be dealing with both things.

    I shut the trunk and groan in frustration due to how wet I've become due to this stupid rain. Could this day get any worse?

    I run my hands through my wet hair and am about to go to the driver's seat when I see Luke pull up. The sight of his car makes me angry as I dig for my car keys in order to get in and get out of here quickly.

    However, they're not in my pocket so I reopen the trunk knowing I left them in there. Just as I do so, Luke hops out of his car.

    "Where are you off to?" he asks me as he shuts the door behind him.

    Yes Luke, continue acting as if nothing is wrong.

    "Does it matter?" I snarl as I grab the keys and shut the trunk behind me.

    Luke looks at me confused as he says, "Yes, especially when you just ran out of class like that."

    He stops in front of me and I narrow my eyes due to how oblivious he is. Is it not obvious why I left when I did? Can he not put two and two together?

    "I wonder why," I say crossing my arms over my chest.

    Luke throws his head back and closes his eyes, "Addie, you can't seriously be mad about that. You knew I was going to pick music-"

    "No Luke," I say sharply. "I didn't know you were going to pick music. I also didn't know you were planning on dropping the news to your girlfriend in front of the entire class."

    "What's the difference?" Luke asks as if I'm being the ridiculous one.

    I look at him with a look of disbelief as I feel like I'm talking to a stranger. How is he being so unreasonable about this? I have every right to be upset and I'm not letting him make me feel like I'm invalid for being upset over this.

    "You're absurd," is all I say as I go to walk away from him but am once again stopped.

    "Where are you even going? It's pouring down rain-"

    "Home, Luke," I say making his face immediately scrunch up. "I'm going home for the week."

    I can see the confusion on his face mixed with a little bit of hurt as he stands there, his hair getting looser due to the rain.